Transbrake control xfi

sackracing

Staff member
Is anyone using the transbrake creep option on the xfi to stage their car?

I wired mine in the cruise control stalk switch. I tested it but never actually used it at the drag strip .
AG

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

is think like a bump box and has PWM to control the transbrake solenoid?

I provided the relay. There were some issues with voltage spikes on the FAST digital relay.

Yes. I just found an even better relay that I an waiting to receive

I want to go ahead and get this hooked up, let me know when you get them, please.

I been using these for a while. Don't know how good or bad they are compared to whatever else is out there but they have worked very reliably for me. Someone gave me these and don't even know where to buy them.
aby5e6yv.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wired mine in the cruise control stalk switch. I tested it but never actually used it at the drag strip .
AG

Allan I like your idea. I just got my XFI and I would like to connect it as well. I think the Arm is a Negative Ground! Can someone tell me how it is connected.. This means their are 2 switches applied?

I just used an ohmmeter to find the two wires that went to the button on the stalk. It's tricky getting them separated to put terminals on them.

I have several customers using this feature. Look at last years videos of the TSO class.
Cal, do you suggest using the XFI over the Boost Leash creep feature? I didnt order the Boost Leash with the feature but was going to send it in over the winter to have it added. Is there better control on one vs the other?

Thanks
Bryan

Sorry Brian. I missed your previous post. Both the XFI and the Leash work well. The XFI is smoother. The Leash is a simpler install and probably a little easier to set up. The XFI is free other than the digital relay.

Sorry Brian. I missed your previous post. Both the XFI and the Leash work well. The XFI is smoother. The Leash is a simpler install and probably a little easier to set up. The XFI is free other than the digital relay.
Well since I am going to be connecting my gauges to the XFI inputs I might as well use the XFI to do the trans creep. I will PM you when I attack it.

Thanks
Bryan