You can type here any text you want

Transition To WOT

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dank GN

BlackArts Automotive (661)993-8277
If i transition to fast to WOT my car has a loss of power and my check engine light starts blinking rapidly What could this be? It only happens when i transition to fast to WOT

Im not sure i just got the car a couple of weeks ago how do tell if i have a stock chip?

Hopefully the chip info is right on the back, or the underside.

Do you have a scan tool? What are your 02 numbers doing during the transition?

I have seen a similar issue because of a bad 02.

No scan tool yet that is going to be one of the first things i buy. What are the step to removing my chip?Do i just unplug the power to the ECM then take it out?

Make sure you didn't melt the top of the O2, I melted two Borg Warners before I put in a Bosch. Do you have the old O2 you could throw in to see if the problem goes away ? You can see the back of the chip without pulling it, so no need to pull the ecm cable at the battery, but you still can if you want. A stock chip has a silver sticker and says Delco on it.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/general-turbo-buick-tech/240546-strobing-engine-light.html

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/general-turbo-buick-tech/242002-ecm-good-bad.html

generally speaking, a flashing Check Engine light is not normal.

The light will blink quickly if the ECM can't read the eprom. This can be caused by a bad socket, bad chip, or water damage in the ECM.

That said, there are a couple aftermarket chips that will blink the light as part of an advanced feature that has been built into the chip.

These features include: "launch assist", a shift light, or a knock warning.

Determining what chip you have will help to determine the issue.

Note, I have never seen an O2 sensor cause this. I have seen a bad battery cable, along with old engine mounts cause issues, as the battery cable gets pinched on a hard launch. In these cases, the car shuts off momentarily and the Check Engine light turns on for a second.

Note also, if this is your first turbo Buick, that these cars are maintenance sensitive. Make sure the important parts are in good working order before beating on it or you may end up fixing it before having a chance to enjoy it.
(most important parts include boost control hardware)

Bob

Thanks for the info i will be checking the battery cable and i will most likely be ordering a chip also. side note i have some blue strip injecters do you know what size they are

Note, I have never seen an O2 sensor cause this. I have seen a bad battery cable, along with old engine mounts cause issues, as the battery cable gets pinched on a hard launch. In these cases, the car shuts off momentarily and the Check Engine light turns on for a second.

+1

i put a tourqe strap on and it stoped doing it my motor was tourqing over and crushing my main power cable to my starter

Back