translator and lt1 maf swap with stock

wbzautocustomiz

Want my GN to go 11's one day
working translator and maf off car to different car will it bolt/hook up no problem? just that simple or adjusting involved, etc?

You just asked this yesterday?...... but I'll answer you again with a little more detail.

In general, yes it will hook up/ swap over from one car to the next. However, check & do a few things before you swap it in.

1st. You have a TT chip. TT chips are designed to work with either stock MAF or LT1/LS1/Translator setups. HOWEVER.... if you have a custom tune (different timing and/or fuel than the base settings) write them down, so you can program them back in.

2nd. Disconnect the orange CPU from the battery so the chip can relearn with the new MAF/Translator setup. Refer to #1 about the chip.

3rd. The LT1 settings inside the Translator are as follows....
Dipswitches... on-on-on-off
MAF base setting dial #1 set to #3. Dial #2 set to #0

Side note about step two: If you have a custom tune, I'd drive the car for 20-30 miles with the base chip settings first to allow it to relearn. Then program back in your custom tune.

Sorry didnt try to repeat I was just really seeing if I install on car and if there is some tuning invovled I wanted to check since I only have a scanmaster 2.0 nothing fancy I was hoping that I could install set up and drive and try to tune car ,if too much for me take to someone who knows how to.
Thanks

Nothing to it.

If you haven't messed with the chips base tune, it runs good, & your happy with it, nothing will change with the LT1 MAF as far as any tuning goes. They engine will idle nicer & have better throttle response.

Just make sure the dipswitches & dials are set correct.