Transmission ID

Bernie Steffen

I wondered if anybody could tell me what this trans is out of. the serial number is CZ288-881czf 0597. Supposed to be out of an 88 Monte Carlo with 305 engine. Any help would be appreciated. Bernie Steffen zstef@mchsi.com

It is...

Out of an 88 SS Monte Carlo, Federal emissions standards,305 hp motor, 3:73 geared, Built on the first shift, (Meaning morning) in Feb 88 and the last four digits of the vin are #0597 to the car it was originally installed in.

How's that?
LOL :)

Bruce
We4
www.PTSXTREME.com

Trans ID

Bruce. Thanks so much for the info. I bought this trans at a swap meet and the guy I bought it from was straight with me. What can you tell me about the trans and valve body? I may be retired but I'm new to the world of 200r4. I'll probably be asking for more help latere on as I plan to go thru this trans sometime in the near future. thanks again Bernie Steffen zstef@mchsi.com

Trans ID

Bruce. Thanks so much for the info. I bought this trans at a swap meet and the guy I bought it from was straight with me. What can you tell me about the trans and valve body? I may be retired but I'm new to the world of 200r4. I'll probably be asking for more help later on as I plan to go thru this trans sometime in the near future. thanks again Bernie Steffen zstef@mchsi.com

awesome trans for a performance build up.if your going to build the trans yourself be sure to get a hold of one of our 200 page 2004r transmission manuals.you will have all the info needed to rebuild it,modify it,understand how it works etc.