You can type here any text you want

transmission mount bolts

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gergwheel

93 firebird/GN hybrid
Hey guys i lost a bolts that go into the trans from the tranny mount. anyone know what size bolts i need to get? i know they are about 1.5 inches long, but i need to know width and thread. I really dont wanna have to go to the parts store and buy 15 different types of bolts to find the right one. Thanks in advanced.

I thought they were M8's... maybe M10's.... shows how much I pay attention. :confused:

well i went to TSC and just grabbed a bunch of bolts ranging between 1/4 -1/2 inch, and the 5/16 seemed to fit good, these were all course thread.

gergwheel said:
well i went to TSC and just grabbed a bunch of bolts ranging between 1/4 -1/2 inch, and the 5/16 seemed to fit good, these were all course thread.

I am 99.5% positive it is supposed to be metric. unless you have some sort of morphadite.... (sp?) I wouldn't recommend putting the wrong one in... as this could strip out one time when you stomp on it and least expect it.... which could also break the driveshaft.

After thinking about it some.... M12 is correct... I was thinking about the factory driveshaft safety loop (at least that is what I called it). I had to install 3 new bolts in mine... three out of four were missing???

HTH

ok ill run to the parts store tomorrow and get the metric equalivent of a 5/16 bolt. Thanks for the info.

trans mount bolt

I just checked the mount holes on one of my 200-4r's and the bolt size
is 10MMx1.5MMx35MM. 35 MM is about 1 thread less than the diameter of
two dimes. :) It has enough length to go through a lockwasher, a flatwasher,
the mount, and fully engage the threads in the case.

Back