You can type here any text you want

transmission trouble

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

poppy1440

my transmission started taking a long time to shift from 1st to 2nd and would only shift out if I really gave it a lot of gas. So I did the tv cable adjustment procedure and the car shifts better but it seems like the transmission is slipping especially during hard acceleration. I also noticed that the car will start in park and drive but not in neutral. I had to add 1 1/2 quarts of transmission fluid when I first noticed the problem but the fluid level is fine now.

what do ya'll think could be going on. I hope its just a sensor or cable problem and not the transmission.

I have changed the neutral safety switch months ago to make the check come on in the powerlogger program for park and neutral.

dude in all fairness you should take it to the local tranny shop and have pro look at it. what hurt can it do.

If you did any decent launches with the fluid level that low you may have smoked some Clutches or Band from cavitation, low pressure. Which shifts seem to be slipping?

Back