You can type here any text you want

tread and no tread

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Fast4Ward

so my 12 yr old son says "Dad i was looking at your tires the other day and onse side has tread while the other has none" ....i says u sure? the drag radials don't come with much tread and i've done a few burnouts.
he's like i know but i thought is was weird.
i ignored what he had said and have since done a couple of more burnouts during some testing....it lays 2 solid equal length patches each time.
today im in the garage and for the hell of it I felt her up in the dark:biggrin:....
smooth on the passenger side and still tread grooves on the drivers:confused: these were new tires put on at the same time.
this can't be normal can it....maybe it happend during testing the hydroboost..could one wheel have a couple of turns in before the other??
could the amount of air in the airbags effect burnout spin?

I'm gonna guess that the driver side has more tread. This would be because of weight transfer when you hit the gas. You have to remember that a lot of the weight goes to the passenger side even though you have an even launch. This is the way these cars seem to work.

Back