You can type here any text you want

Trim removal

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

usetaboost

SAY CAR RAMROD!!
I'm not a delicate man by all means, so what's the way to do this? I already tweaked up my trunk trim cause it wouldn't just "slide off." I still need to know how the drip rail next to the windshield comes off and how the actual windshield and back window trim come off. I have the T hooked tool to do this, just don't know how.

The tool I have is best described as "trim-pliers" they are thin pliers that squeeze the plastic retainers to release the trim pieces. I can take a picture if it helps.

Anyway, I slid the pliers under the trim pieces and went around the perimeter squeezing the retainers until the trim popped off. No damage.

The side rail trim is unbolted at the a-pillar, and there was some foam tape between the trim and body holding it in place. I used a bigger plastic body filler squeege to brake the tape and it worked nice. The other piece at the roof drip rail slides off once the a-pillar piece is loose. If you gently push down on it it should pop off without damage.

I hope that helps some.

The tool I have sounds different than what you have. Do I have the wrong one or is it just a different style? I really don't understand how this oversized seal puller lookin thing is supposed to get behind the trim and pull it off.

The one I have I can send you provided I get it back sometime.

The trim pieces are very easy to bend (and expensive to replace) so I wouldn't try it without the right tool.

can you put up a pic of it? I'll see if I can purchase it somewhere first. I wondering what trim my tool is for??? My car was an outside car obviously so I'm sure alot of the trim is gonna be "dirted on" like the trunk was:mad: Ohwell, just a piece of trunk trim, not like it was a 200 dollar grille.

Here you go...

buford.jpg

Well I found out last night I do have an acceptable tool for the job. I talked to a guy whose dad owned a glass shop. He said there's always different styles of these tools. I'll try it on the piece that is already dinged up. Thanks for the help.

Back