You can type here any text you want

truck arms

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

futten

ive found a company that sells truck arm kits for g-bodys and interested if anyone her have used this on there car and is it worth it on a car that will mostly be used on the road and see some occasional track action compared to upgraded stock 4 linked rearend

What the heck is a "truck arm kit"? You have a link or pic? Do you mean track bar or track arm?

Huh, interesting. Thanks for posting that up. Looks like a cross breed of track bar, ladder bar, coil over, etc...

This is the same design that came on the mid to late 60's 1/2 ton Chevies and some GMC trucks. It's a fairly simple design but has quite a few draw backs for a car. You're better off sticking with the stock design.

You have to run a panhard bar which will give you clearance issues with the exhaust first off. Second, if you don't get the position of the front mounts right you'll either blow the tires off or dig in and break something. The design can work well but there's lots of calculations you'll need to do to get it right.

those are just challanges not drawbacks :biggrin: never sayed it would be easy but i think ill stick to stock 4 link but i had the idea of combining the truck arms with the upper control arms to keep the axel from wrapping and stabalize it then eliminating the need of a panhard

The truck arms are bolted to the axle and only move on the pivit point in the front of the arms. The reason for the pan hard bar is to keep the track of the axle in the same place. You can't use the uppers in plce of the pan hard bar.

The truck arms are bolted to the axle and only move on the pivit point in the front of the arms. The reason for the pan hard bar is to keep the track of the axle in the same place. You can't use the uppers in plce of the pan hard bar.

aw dang i wanted those so bad yeah i guess having the upper control arms would kinda hinder the axel from moving actualy

You're up early over there. It could work but the time you will spend making it functional will be more effective in other directions. The factory 4 link can be made to work really well if you do some research. You an PM me if you want for some ideas.

Back