trunk shocks

turbojitsu85

Are there such a thing? Where can I get a set? How much might they cost? I would like to get rid of the tension bars because they are in the way of my 6x9" speakers. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Like in the trunk of a 1981 Regal, Cutlass, Grand Prix, Monte or other A-body (G-body).

So my best bet would be to find these in a junk yard. Are they an easy install or will I be doing any modifications.

Sorry Jeremy! I mentioned them to you and never replied, my apologies. I also had them in my 78 Regal Sports Coupe. How far into the bars do the speaker go? You might be able to trim the adapters as well. Once again sorry!

Originally posted by turbojitsu85
So my best bet would be to find these in a junk yard. Are they an easy install or will I be doing any modifications.

'81 Chevy Caprice, (B-body) also had them. I doubt if many are around though.

Originally posted by forzfed
Sorry Jeremy! I mentioned them to you and never replied, my apologies. I also had them in my 78 Regal Sports Coupe. How far into the bars do the speaker go? You might be able to trim the adapters as well. Once again sorry!

its funny that you should mention that because i just the other day bought and adapter kit to make 6x9's fit into the 4x10 slot in the deck. its not too bad, you have to bend the trunk bar down about 1/2" for a good fit. that was with MB Quart Discus speakers mounted to the adapter.

you have to bend the trunk bar down about 1/2" for a good fit
Yeah mine to but I wasn't able to put on the brace they give you so they don't fall out and I'm alittle afraid that those speakers will go flying denting up the trunk.

it's a bitch, but you have to manipulate them. i couldn't just hook the braces back in easily, like the factory speakers, i had to use a pair of needlenose pliers and mess with them to get thim in, but after about 45 minutes of fanagling, it worked.