You can type here any text you want

TSA Winner

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Phoff

Clay Arnold from Corydon, Indiana won the TSA Class. He ran a 11.79 at 113+ mph. He has a 1986 T Type with T Tops Digital Dash and all power options. The car weighed 3,555 with him in the car. He was the only car in the class this year. ZPlus sponsored this class. He won $1600. Next year the prize money will DOUBLE to $3200 for the winner.

Pete

Here are the pictures of the winning car with the driver Clay Arnold and Richard Clark the Sponsor of the TSA class.

Attachments

• GS16c.jpg
    GS16c.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 305
  • GS01c.jpg
    GS01c.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 324
I was thinking the same thing... :biggrin:

K.

What are you hoping to find or look for when you get the full size pics?? You made a reference another post about only being 1 car in the class.

One car showed up for a "large" purse... :rolleyes: What else is there to say? Goes to prove it's not all about the $$$.

K.

It seems you have a particular problem with this class unless I am missing something. I was over there when that picture with RC was taken. I looked under the hood as much as I could so what EXACTLY did you want to know about this car?? Not tryin to start a fight just trying to get inside your head a little.

What are you hoping to find or look for when you get the full size pics??

The same things anyone else would want to see if they were standing there during tech on Friday. I wasn't there at that point.

You made a reference another post about only being 1 car in the class.

Did I miss something or was there more than one car in the class??

It seems you have a particular problem with this class unless I am missing something.

Absolutely not... I plan on winning this class next year... :cool:

...so what EXACTLY did you want to know about this car??

Where the "grey" areas are within the rules... :eek:

K.

I would like to see it out of curiosity too... It is an interesting class IMO!

Richard Clark said you can run the biggest turbo as long as it fits under the stock turbo shield... plus new chip, 2.5" exhaust, tires...

Turbo, Chip, Tires, anything else that can be hidden from stock appearance!!

I would like supersize photo of TSA winner for GS Nats results page...
GNregistry@aol.com

BTW I believe any other sponsor would have backed out paying full winnings if only one car showed up, big thank you to Richard Clark... great guy, but I thought that back in 2004 or 2005 when Richard had a seminar... for GS Nationals.

Also, while I was talking to John Plog, Richard C stopped by and helped with rear axle work...

I have no doubt about Mr. Clark! I have the utmost respect and admiration for him... I don't think anyone was questioning that!

I am just curios to see the pic and other pics of the car I heard it was nice! No one else showed so NO one has anything to complain about. I think over time once people understand the rules thoroughly it will be a huge class!

Congrats again to the winner and the Sponsor!

I have no doubt about Mr. Clark! I have the utmost respect and admiration for him... I don't think anyone was questioning that!

I am just curios to see the pic and other pics of the car I heard it was nice! No one else showed so NO one has anything to complain about. I think over time once people understand the rules thoroughly it will be a huge class!

Congrats again to the winner and the Sponsor!

I agree 100% with all the above... And can't wait for the fall gathering at his place!! :biggrin:

K.

Richard Clark said you can run the biggest turbo as long as it fits under the stock turbo shield... plus new chip, 2.5" exhaust, tires...

Turbo, Chip, Tires, anything else that can be hidden from stock appearance!!

I would like supersize photo of TSA winner for GS Nats results page...
GNregistry@aol.com

BTW I believe any other sponsor would have backed out paying full winnings if only one car showed up, big thank you to Richard Clark... great guy, but I thought that back in 2004 or 2005 when Richard had a seminar... for GS Nationals.

Also, while I was talking to John Plog, Richard C stopped by and helped with rear axle work...

A little clarification on the turbo.... My understanding is that it had to use the stock inlet bell and exhaust elbow also.

Robert

A little clarification on the turbo.... My understanding is that it had to use the stock inlet bell and exhaust elbow also.

Robert

Per the rules it has to have a stock inlet bell, stock elbow, stock downpipe w/ spring loaded bolts. What's in between is up to you...

K.

Keith, remeber the rules are always subject to change. Example when you booted Bill Thompson out of TSS for have the Southside style of brackets after they had been run in that class for years.
Best wishes,
Kip

Keith, remeber the rules are always subject to change.

That's why I asked the question:

NCTURBOS said:
Do you forsee any areas in the rules that will be modified/changed for 2009? Is the class a "sure thing" for next years schedule?
Posted in this topic: http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/na...-appearing-tr-class-bowling-green-08-a-2.html

Kip said:
Example when you booted Bill Thompson out of TSS for have the Southside style of brackets after they had been run in that class for years.
Best wishes,
Kip

Now you know better than that Kip, on how it all went.

K.

Keith, you will have to help me with my memory. Here is what I remember, there had been cars run in TSS with Southside style drop brackets at several GS Natioanls. No rule saying you could not do this. Then the year we are talking about Bill Thompson's car gets a debate started about this, I walk over ask what is going on and am told the brackets are a problem, at this time I remind everyone (using names of the racers that had used them in the past) that the brackets had been run in the past without question. A vote is taken in front of me and others and Bill is allowed in the TSS class. A little while later I see you walking away from Bill's trailer and I walk up and ask Bill what is up and he says you just told him he was out of TSS. Thats the best my memory can do except for being able to list the people above whos names I left out but will be glad to add them if needed.
As always take care,
Kip

Kip,

To the best of my memory, that is exactly how it went down. I made it through tech after vote of racers, had car weighed, got back to add a few pounds and while doing so Keith walked up and informed me that a decision came down that I am disqualified from TSS. because of the south side style bars.

Now Keith has asked why only 3 cars show up to race? Damn Funny isn"t it.

ONE POINT, RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE, EVEN THE DAY OF QUALIFICATIONS, BETTER NOT READ BETWEEN THE LINES, IT CAN GET YOU ONE DAY.

Thanks
Bill

Kip/Bill,

In an effort to get this thread back on track about the TSA winner I'm going to copy & quote your threads over on the TSS thread I started. That's where we can continue this, as I've got a few different views in mind. So check the thread soon, this could take awhile... :biggrin:

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/national-racing-events-info/251540-tss-2008-a.html

Again, congrats Clay on winning the innagural TSA class for 2008!! You showed up with an excellent appearing & performing car!!

K.

Back