You can type here any text you want

TSM / Stroker Fuel System Build

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I know of some fast cars running double pumpers. I think a DP set up is still cheaper than a HP external pump, let alone new lines, filter, and regulator. I would however like to set up a hobbs switch that shuts off the car if it losses pressure. The DP that is on my car now came from a car I bought. I tested the "on" point, and it never kicked on at 27psi, where I quite putting pressure to it. I adjusted the hobbs switch to 10psi. No wonder the car had a blown headgasket and the guy said there is a problem with the DP set up.

I know of some fast cars running double pumpers. I think a DP set up is still cheaper than a HP external pump, let alone new lines, filter, and regulator. I would however like to set up a hobbs switch that shuts off the car if it losses pressure. The DP that is on my car now came from a car I bought. I tested the "on" point, and it never kicked on at 27psi, where I quite putting pressure to it. I adjusted the hobbs switch to 10psi. No wonder the car had a blown headgasket and the guy said there is a problem with the DP set up.[/QUOTE]

Then his blown HG was not because of the DP, it was the loose nut behind the wheel.:p

Whether you have 1,2, or 3 pumps on the car ;) they must be receiving adequate voltage and fuel supply. Then you can rely on the fuel management system to properly time the pulsewidth of your injectors to meet the demands of the airflow.

Assuming you have a fuel management system with wide band O2 control -- If the injectors, pump or supply lines are too small, you'll see the injector pulsewidth approach 100%. If the voltage or fuel pump supply suffers, you'll blow a head gasket...at a minimum. Case in point, a local person was running DPs down at the 08 Oklahoma shootout and melted a piston when pump#2 didn't work as needed.

Some of the fuel pump manufacturers have graphs on their website showing fuel output based on voltage vs. rail pressure. Use it!

Just for info purposes, you do not need the Weldon controller for the 2015 Weldon pump.
Anything bigger 2025 and up you need it....

As Dusty Bradford has reported with a lot of data backing it up the big problem is the stock fuel lines/rail. Not necessarily the pumps. All the really fast guys i know that have many passes around 140mph or higher all run dual fed rails and -8 feeds splitting to rails with -6. -6 feed would be enough for 1000hp imo. I have hurt #1 for the second time on 2 engines with a car capable of trapping 135-136mph. I am convinced that it is a fuel starvation problem since there is zero detonation. Some can take the dp'r stock lines/rail to 140 and some cant go much over 135 before they hurt it. If you plan on 135mph or more at 3600 lbs or more then do the lines/rails even if you keep the dp'r. Id run both pumps all the time when replacing thre lines. $600 and 5 hours spent to save thousands and a lot of down time. Seems like a hard choice:rolleyes: . I dont understand the thought process of those who insist on stock lines/rail when making 700+hp. Your car is already heavily modded. Spending $600 is nothing compared to what is already invested.

Is anyone selling aftermarket rails besides Champion?
Does it matter if the regulator is still in the stock location?

I've got a weldon controller that is supposed to let you run on the street with the 2015, basically cuts voltage on a volume control to keep the pump cool while street driving. We never hooked it up cause that would just be one more thing to go wrong while trying to compete in TSM this year!! Kev, you are welcome to try it out, I won't be using it till I build another car!!!

I'm running a Weldon controller with a 2025A pump with no problems. I'm also running a 16v set up.

Don't skimp on the fuel pump.

I run a -12 to feed the pump, -10 up to the engine compartment, split to two -8 feeding the rails and -8 return. Oh yea, and a Weldon external regulator.

Don't forget, the fuel pump also has to fight the acceleration (g force).

I was running a double pumper from Red's through the stock rails w/95lbers. I was not comfortable with this set up, alot of "what ifs"

The cheap usually turns out expensive at the end.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Back