TT classic v5.7 chip vs TT Wideband v6.1 chip

ikle

I was thinking about upgrading my classic TT chip and 42's to a TT Wideband correction chip with 60's. Which would be a better setup for my combo and why ? Or if you have any other suggestions I am all ears, I want to keep it as simple as possible, I was even considering a Bob Bailey chip to work with my current Translator. Thanks, Kyle.

I was thinking about upgrading my classic TT chip and 42's to a TT Wideband correction chip with 60's. Which would be a better setup for my combo and why ? Or if you have any other suggestions I am all ears, I want to keep it as simple as possible, I was even considering a Bob Bailey chip to work with my current Translator. Thanks, Kyle.
My current chip is a TT classic v5.6. Thanks, Kyle.

I haven't used the TT SD chip yet, but I ran numerous 5.6 and 5.7 chips. I switched to the Bailey chip and really like how it adds fuel automatically with increased airflow from either boost or air density where the TT is static at WOT. The SD chip corrects, but it's correcting based on data after the fact (combustion) and the wideband feeds are based off of a mixture of exhaust gas from all cylinders and may at times provide inaccurate data as to how the engine is actually running. If you get a boost spike or air density just picks up with cooler temps or whatever, the Bailey chip adjusts based upon the actual amount of air going into the engine with the use of a translator. Nothing against the TT chips, they are great and I was fast with them, but I make adjustments to my Bailey chip less. I just crank up the boost at the track and it does the rest for me now that I have my alky and gas fuel curves tuned in. I plan on making 600rwhp on the next motor with my current stock ecm/Bailey chip/translator combo and probably won't need to adjust much from where it is now. Don't even need a reburn for a better flowing motor with a larger turbo; as long as you don't maxx out your MAFs airflow capabilities but get the extender extreme if you are really going to flow a lot of air.

Just a small correction, the SD chip does change fueling with boost since it uses a MAP sensor for its calculations, and compensates for density changes based on airtemp input. It also uses the wideband to make corrections.

My Wideband v6.1 chip still uses a MAF (stock or Translator setup), then uses wideband correction to help you tune the fuel curve.

With a TA49/stock head setup, I would just keep the 42's and basic chip. You won't gain any significant power by changing to anything else, when compared to tuning what you have. Other systems might get you to a final tune faster however.

Eric Stage I said:
Just a small correction, the SD chip does change fueling with boost since it uses a MAP sensor for its calculations, and compensates for density changes based on airtemp input. It also uses the wideband to make corrections.

My Wideband v6.1 chip still uses a MAF (stock or Translator setup), then uses wideband correction to help you tune the fuel curve.

With a TA49/stock head setup, I would just keep the 42's and basic chip. You won't gain any significant power by changing to anything else, when compared to tuning what you have. Other systems might get you to a final tune faster however.

The man has spoken. I'd basically do exactly as Eric has stated. I didn't know the sd chip also uses a maf yet. I thought it was sd only and that makes sense about the adjustment happening automatically from the map feedback. TT or Bailey chip, both will serve you well.