TT-V Ideas

DEL

Hello,

Here's where I would like to mention some thoughts we've had for next years event (if we move forward with it)

Friday night Pizza (Abbys in Woodburn) it's closer to the track and it is open until 1:00AM so there's no rush to get there.

Saturday night BBQ at the track. We would have this catered at a reasonable cost and possibly make it part of the event registration. This would allow more time for the awards and "celebration"

We are also considering a different host hotel, but I'm on the fence there because the Holiday Inn while screwed up, does have pretty good parking and security. We can pursue this further next year.

The other suggestion that came up (which I liked) was to have a third class. Call it Quick-8. Take the quickest 8 Buicks and race them heads up. I would want this to not only be Buick powered, but actual Buick Regal bodies vehicles also. Not trying to cut anybody out, but I would not want a fast light weight "Hybrid" to show up and sledge-hammer the rest of the field.

Comments or suggestions? List them here, I'll capture them and bring them out when the event planning is done during the winter.

Len said he would have thown in some cash for payout like i did if he knew about it. I bet we could get some venders to put up some cash or product next year. Maybe even a donation from some of the racers ,because i bet Shawn would have even put up something:)

TTV

How about paying out 3rd place in the slow bracket? There's a ton of cars in this class and it's a lot harder to make it to the end. Besides I'm willing to share the wealth ;) You could even use the car show trophys because after all it is a racing event and rubber on the quarters should be mandatory :D (no disrespect intended to the beautiful cars that won)

Sure, Rob, offer a 3rd place payout after the fact:p
You just enjoy knocking me out every year, don't you!
At TT-V I'll probably have to line up with you in the first round and have to sit my butt down by 1:30pm;)

Originally posted by DEL
Hello,

Here's where I would like to mention some thoughts we've had for next years event (if we move forward with it)

Friday night Pizza (Abbys in Woodburn) it's closer to the track and it is open until 1:00AM so there's no rush to get there.

**That sounds much better.**

Saturday night BBQ at the track. We would have this catered at a reasonable cost and possibly make it part of the event registration. This would allow more time for the awards and "celebration"

**And that sounds great also.**

We are also considering a different host hotel, but I'm on the fence there because the Holiday Inn while screwed up, does have pretty good parking and security. We can pursue this further next year.

**Ron Neisler and I were discussing this very thing. We had figured we'd stay at the Best Western next year right there in Woodburn. Less driving plus probably cheaper. I don't mind paying $70 per night for a nice hotel but it sure pisses me off if I don't get some spare time to enjoy it. I got to bed about 10:30 (stop it, I'm old...lol) on Friday night and was up at 5:30 AM on Saturday so I paid about $10 per hour simply to sleep. Even the hooker didn't show up.**

The other suggestion that came up (which I liked) was to have a third class. Call it Quick-8. Take the quickest 8 Buicks and race them heads up. I would want this to not only be Buick powered, but actual Buick Regal bodies vehicles also. Not trying to cut anybody out, but I would not want a fast light weight "Hybrid" to show up and sledge-hammer the rest of the field.

**I think for a class like this you'd need a few more real fast cars, and it still wouldn't be fair. Even Q16 in BG runs brackets just to make a fair field.**

Lookin' forward to next year already.

Oh, and today I put that illegal TSM engine into my T-Type. Just waitin' for the turbo housing to come back from John Craig and then I'm set to kick Jason and Len's butts in LV. :D

Re: TTV

Originally posted by rastaz
You could even use the car show trophys because after all it is a racing event and rubber on the quarters should be mandatory :D (no disrespect intended to the beautiful cars that won)

No offense taken. Why would I take offense by you insinuating that in some way I don't really drive a 'TURBO REGAL' or it's in some way lesser a car 'cause I like to make it look good and not trailer it or break it.;) J/K.

ADUM

Your car was the nicest car on the grounds Adam:cool:
Did you guys go to the track this week?

tomorrow night.:) I was just teasing Rob:D Plus I'm trying to have as many posts as I can so's I can get the little picture. I'll let you guys know how I do tomorrow, allthough I'm putting a stock turbo on before I go to the track. I'm just borrowing Franks right now(Thanks Frank:) ) My TA-49 died just before going to TT. I'm also in the proscess of getting more pics of my car online and my pics of TT.

ADUM

Originally posted by HYBRIDT
tomorrow night.:) I was just teasing Rob:D
ADUM

Heh Heh :) You were almost making me wonder what I was doing racing a 6900 mile TTA... I would love to see that car of yours rip some low 12's. Just stick a pair of mud flaps on the back (like I did), give'r in the burnout box and then launch that sucker like there's no tommorow ;)

P.S. I knew you were kidding cause if you weren't there'd be a chromed out 305 under the hood right??

No Show in 2004

Guys,

One thing I forgot to mention here was that I'd like to avoid dealing with the car show thing in 2005. It was the only part of this years program that I think dissapointed a few folks. I had at least 6 guys come up and make sure I knew they were showing their cars and they took extra effort to clean them up. We only had two plaques to give out, and I felt like some people were let down. I have no problem with people that just want to show up, hang out and display their car, but my opinon is that the focus needs to be on racing. Those around here that know me know that I'm convinced that these cars were made for the 1/4 mile. I'm probably biased, but I feel sorry for anyone who hasn't launched their car at the track with 5 pounds of boost on slicks...there's just nothing like it, and the cars can take it time after time. (right Geno??!!!!!)

If this is a problem for anyone, let me know now. I'll try to accomodate getting someone to take over just the show portion. I always want to bring in as many cars as possible, it just makes it more fun for everyone, and makes the trip more worth while for the long-haulers.

I will still be there even if there isn't a show portion. I just love hanging out with guys in the TR community. I've been involved with all type of groups of people and no one, I mean NO ONE group of guys is as willing to help out and share info and experience as you guys are. I still don't think I'd race though. GNX guys aren't usually at the track and there were 547 of them. There's only 1 like mine;) .

ADUM

OH YEAH, nothings cooler than being in a line of turbo cars(and an SUV) on the freeway cruisin' in the sun!:cool:

OH YEAH, nothings cooler than being in a line of turbo cars(and an SUV) on the freeway cruisin' in the sun!

Yes there is, launching with at least 5#(I like 20# better) on slicks like DEL said Hehe ;) :D :cool: :) :p

Hey Dave, I finally got ahold of the guy up here in Longview with an 87 Turbo T. He didn't know anything about Turbo Thunder but told me to let him know the minute I hear a date for next year. He is getting ready to paint it GM Flame Red so it should stick out. It is a high 10 second car and has all the chrome. :D

Of course you know red paint and chrome make it faster right??.:D