You can type here any text you want

TTA #1078 Scanmaster installed - pictures

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
So took it for a spin and also filled it up with some petrol (or gas for you guys) .... alwasy run high octane fuel.

Anyway light throttle accelration up to 30 - 40 MPH (no boost so PSI=0) and the Scanmaster shows 4 to 11 degrees of knock. Even cruising (constant speed) at 60MPH I get anything up to 12-13 degrees on the scanmaster (and the Casper Knock Gauge nearly blinded me :eek: ) ...

So the Casper gauge works fine as the Scanmaster shows (and my audible ATR as well).

So without really pushing it at all and even cruisng with 1/4 - 1/3 throttle give me knock retard what could be wrong? I have not really changed anything since last year when everything worked fine without any knock on my ATR audible one .... I do have a 3" THDP that been on the car all the time, I have a engine tie down.

Should I try replacing the knock sensor and or the ESC knock module?

Any other ideas?

hmmm that don't sound good Jan! :( When my GN did that about 2 days later the engine let go! :eek: Something I do every other oil change is have my oil checked for any bad stuff. http://www.oillab.com/ they will send you a sample kit. Get the car hot.. change the oil and fill the tube. If you have bearing wear or anything bad like that it will pick it all up. I did this test just before my engine let go in the GN. They actually called me and told me there was major bearing wear and the engine needs to be rebuilt asap. I said it's in the shop now being rebuilt! Hopefully it's not that bad but it's a good way to see what's going on inside your engine!

Jan, like Jim said it doesnt sound good. However, don't be so negative yet. Check the crossover and see if that hits anything, DP, tranny mount, and engine mounts. They might be bad :confused: . I don't think the knock sensor is bad as it is reading something. Do you hear any audible knock???

Jason

Back