You can type here any text you want

TTA emblems

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Lee_Burough

..Never Forget..
Staff member
I'm planning a couple road trips soon. I've read where TTA owners were chagrin on returning to their car in a parking lot to find their emblems missing (I think it was the nationals in BG).

Any thoughts on securing the TTA while on the road. My first idea was to stay at hotels with secure parking garages....While I'm sure Captain Mark, Postal, Razor and others (put your name here) would all sleep in the car with a S&W under their night shirt ;) I was just looking for more input on this issue.

:)

Thanks

Rabid Pit Bulls leashed to the car might do it.

Seriously, a secured garage is step #1 and I would also try to befriend the attendant(s) and offer them a little extra $$ for keeping an eye on the car.

Only other thought is to see if any board members are located near your road trips. They might be open to keeping your car at their place. I am in the Chicago are, so if you are headed here, there's a spot in my garage for you.

Originally posted by lburou
....While I'm sure Captain Mark, Postal, Razor and others (put your name here) would all sleep in the car with a S&W under their night shirt ;) I was just looking for more input on this issue.

:)

Thanks

Wrong....not S&W.....Sig Sauer!:cool:

I got an alarm with shock sensors mounted as close to every emblem for this reason along with proximity sensors when t-tops are off.

All that with a thrasher anti theft chip and I'm good to go.

It does very well in the rain too.

You cant even get close to that car without it barking at you:D :eek:

If you dont want an alarm then put black tape on the TURBO in back and white tape on all other emblems. Park it near you and lock the doors.

Maybe get "the club" to stall them a little:)

Thats all I can think of now.

Bo

CLUB! AYFS! I could have the club off in 30 seconds! Better off just spending the extra dough to the parking lot attendant and if they're missing when you get back have your jolly's with him by hiding the air canister on the spare up his! Punctured of course. :D

Thanks for the thought guys :)

I'll be heading down to DFW and the Bay area, thanks anyway Tracy :)

Fortunately, as a retired military officer, there are several military Bases I could bivouac on along the way....Security should be pretty good there and military people are not the kind of people who steal cars or badges. I'm just concerned about the days that option is not available :)

Leeb

Back