You can type here any text you want

TTA Emblems

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

chicagoTTA

Crack Baby
Has anyone here had the chance to compare CarMotorSports emblems to GTAEmblems (from Australia) product?

Wondering if there is any noticable differences. I just bought a set from Car, and they seem high quality. But a tiny bit more pricey than the Aussie versions. But, you do get more from Car (rear bird, keychain, etc).

Really mostly curious about quality since both are GM licensed.

If not, I'll be happy to buy the Aussie set as a guinea pig. Don't need them, but I know I can re-sell them for at least close to what I paid.

If it hasn't been done, just thought it might be good research for a sticky post since we ALL need them.

M

I just ordered a set from the "ones down under"

should be here in a couple of days.. I'll let ya know....

.....I used a gift certificate from ebay...even cheaper.... :smile:

Excellent!!

But unless you have the CarMotorSports version, really hard to compare. Car usually has superior quality products (I think).

But at least, let us know how they look. How thick does the coatings look compared to original, how does the surrounding gold metal (borders) look, etc.

Glad you got some though. I just don't think they offer the rear bird. Or at least I haven't seen that in their auctions.

M

Jan Larson has Car's .. I have also seen them .. very nice !!!!! BUT Jan if I remember right had an "issue" with the gold holding up . I am sure he will chime in here an let us know how he made out :biggrin:

I have bought the CarMotorSports set and compared them to my N.O.S. ones, but never the GTAEmblem ones.

Car's are very nice, the metal is thiner, Gold is very nice when new. I am not sure how they hold up over time. The rear end bird has a very convexed curved shape to it and must be heated and flattended to fit properly.

- Dave

Do you guy's think you could clearcoat them ??? and maybe the gold would hold up better ??? :confused:

Grumpy said:
Do you guy's think you could clearcoat them ??? and maybe the gold would hold up better ??? :confused:

thats what I am getting them for...for future add-ons....I plan on spraying em clear now...and slap em on in the future years ....I can see a few tiny pits and that green(patina?) building up on my emblems....but only the fender emblems only...and besides I had an ebay coupon that had 2 be used.. :smile: so they cost me about $220 for the 8 of them....

Good thread! Keep this going so we can see and compair what ones are best. I saw a set on a TTA over the weekend from a board member. I think he got them Car. Said that tail bird was a bugger to get on and had to send it back. The gold looked good but seemed thinner then oem. Maybe we can get some good pictures of the different ones and post them. I'll host the pictures if you guys want to take good pics of them and e-mail them to me. I'd like to buy a set to put away for future use also but it would be nice to get the set that matches the oem ones best! Take some pics and send them to me guys! :cool:

I bought mine a long time ago directly from the manufacturer Car use, so note these where not bought from Carmotorsport but are the same ones.

Quality is really good and they do look great, even colors etc. The rear bird emblem as noted before is too curved to fit properly can be heated and flattened slightly but I never tried this.

The main problem, and I see this more with the rear bird emblem than any of the others (these been on my TTA now for about 15 month or so) and the rear bird gold is starting to turn spotty green / varnishing ......

If I ever get another set I would try to clear coat them

If you're TTA is parked inside all it's life then this should be less of a problem.

Also interested in the GTAEmblems set, but so far they don't have the rear bird emblem but it's on it's way apparently

Just ordered a set from GTAEmblems also. I'll post some high-res pics when the arrive.

The CarMotor versions (so far) appear excellent in quality.

M

chicagoTTA said:
Just ordered a set from GTAEmblems also. I'll post some high-res pics when the arrive.

The CarMotor versions (so far) appear excellent in quality.

M

Would you please e-mail me a link for this source....I'll add it to the TTA FAQ List. :)

lee

Lee -

I act

Actually ordered off of Ebay. But, same price as GTAEmblems.com ...

Here's the TTA area of that site -

http://www.gtaemblems.com/estore/index.php?cat_id=9&catname='89%20Turbo%20Trans%20Am%20Emblem'

$249 for the set, minus rear bird - keychain - map pocket...

They've been around for quite a while.

I'll do my best with the pics. I have a serious digital camera. But that just means the whole 'point/click/shoot/send' thing is out the window. The manual is 900+ pages for ***** sake!

Both are GM licensed. But, considering the *quality* of some of the 80's/90's Gm parts that means nothing to me! Anything is likely better than original for certain items. :rolleyes:

Really only bought them to compare side by side for all of us. I figured it would be a fairly good add on to the FAQ list. That's all... :cool:

M

Just an update.

I finally got the Aussie version of the TTA emblems. Very professional presentation. Looks official GM.

But quick glance shows differences. Color, etc. I'll start taking pics and do a complete writeup.

Y'all stay tuned

Don't forget guys if you can take some clear hi rez pics I'll host and post them! Just e-mail them direct to me!

.. I hope for the sake of other fellow TTA owners out there.. who are not in it simply for the money or points scoring... that this is not just another organised smear campain... but if any comparisons are done.. that various original GM emblems in their orignal As NEW in the GM Box condition .. are also presented for microscopic comparitive examination, along with any others that are on the market.. PARTICUALARLY... because of inconsistant original supply quality.... one original, while close..can be different from the next one ordered etc..etc.

The Licensed GM emblems produced by www.gtaemblems.com & the other guys are keeping alot of TTA owners happy.. both in price and quality. .and service... In reality... most everybody would agree that GM's orignals were not all that consistant ever....and we have plenty of GM originals in stock to compare with.... many with simply factory flaws that we paid TOO much for ... but are "OK" because its.. original... ?

Oz have no fear.. it's just about who's is the closer to the original GM ones and looks the best. Everyone knows the OEM GM ones were crap and it's hard to compare the oem ones with anything for the most part. I just want to make sure they are at least a better looking in quality then oem GM emblems. Hate to spend the money and get something worse then the oem ones were!
GTA emblems.com has a quality product from what I see and when I re-badge my car I'm sure that's where I'll go. But it would be nice to lay them all out on the line and see what the differences are if any.
If you want to send me 2 of those fender emblems on the cuff, I'll post pics and compare them to my oem ones that still look good! :wink: We don't want to flame any vendor. Just comparing apples to apples. Sometimes there are vendors that are out for the quick buck and the quality suffers when they do that. I just want to make sure if I'm spending the money I'm putting first class stuff on my car! :cool: I've seen to much junk out there over the years!

Oz -

Like Philly said. It's just to compare the only two sets on the market to see which are closer to the crap GM produced. It's only for information purposes. Comparing two products to find the best one is normal. So is a product review. Like the JAX Seat cover review posted not too long ago (thanks again for that one <whoever did it>). It's NOT some conspiracy or "organized smear campaign" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: .

I'm NOT a vendor. Just a consumer and TTA owner. In it for the money or points? WTF? :confused:

I know many people who have GTA emblem sets from GTAEmblems and they love them & look awesome.

But for example, I'm sure that those wanting the original look <and spent hundreds of dollars> would be interested to know that the sail panel emblems on one set are trimmed in SILVER, not gold like the originals. BIG difference.

I am NOT insulting what is obviously your product and company in any way. And I highly suggest before you post next time you re-read what you *think* you're responding to. Suggesting that any comparison between your product and another is some sort of 'smear campaign' is rediculous.

I for one am happy vendors are trying to serve the small TTA crowd. And you guys have done some hard work to produce products for us and all 3rd Gen F-body owners.

So relax.

Chicago

... no rethink needed.. as nothing was intended directly at you ..... I for one.. like many .. are just interested in enjoying life and not getting too far into politics and the other BS that frequents all our lives.
Just for the record too.. here is a clearer picture.

gtaemblems TTA current kit

Back