You can type here any text you want

TTA Emblems

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Location guide etc

...... a few weeks back I tried to put together another location guide better then what we had been using..
.. this guide be perhaps adjusted to bring about a 100% accurate.. cross checked with whatever historical information is available and reviewed by many for a freely available guide that can help others etc.
TTA emblem fitting guide.

The 2nd thing is.... that most emblems also be clear coated lightly, and perhaps more then once in there life... to help keep moisture out due to shrinkage, metal expanding/contracting etc or in use transist fracturing of the glass.. which then inturn.. will tend to turn sections of the emblems green... ..

Thanks Oz.

No worries. Pukka.

I too wonder about clear-coating. I think it's a great idea, so long as the right clear coat is used and is complete (all sides, front/back and evenly) to avoid flaking.

Sorry, maybe I misunderstood your post. You guys make great products and the presentation is TOP NOTCH. All I was trying to do was compare the two products on the market for the benefit of the TTA crowd. And, if (which I doubt) there's any way I can help you make things better I'm happy to do it!

As I said, glad to have vendors making items for the TTA. And emblems are NOT easy to do I'm sure.

my emblems from my new TTA in 89 looked great after winters in rain and snow. after I "beached" the car for a few years the "gold" started to go away
. I wouldn't be happy with silver sail panel emblems :eek:

That is wild there was sail panel emblems that were silver? :confused: yuck! I don't know who would want them on their car that's for sure. All you need to do is buff the factory gold emblems a few times and they would be silver anyways! I wonder if somehow the dealer from cleaning the car wore the gold off and people just thought they came that way? Or were they factory defects that made it past? The gold trim on the emblems is what it's all about! :cool:

the gold on the original emblem held up fine for years ....sooooo I wonder what the factory did :confused:

sail gold or silver

.. thats been a good point.. seems every one I have seen including my own low mile car had silver edges, & and the cars at the POCI event recently in SC... .. but the silver was not just on the edges but in the lettering TRANS AM as well.. everything else cross matched - but being so small an emblem its, and being so common .. If Gold (like all the others) to start with.. it must have been just so lighter a covering... Every genuine fitted early car I'd seen - probably like the most running around now... have perfectly finished silver - so perfect it didn't seem possible for just wear factor.. but maybe it was..... mind you it don't figure.. but other things don't figure either.. . like the use of different tail lamp emblems as production ceased etc.
But to get past that point of conjector..... the GTAemblems.com set will supply .... for the sake of conjector - BOTH silver and the gold out to those that have purchased them at no additional cost..& include both in the future & recently supplied kits... it'll let the owners choose or use whichever they want to use... and make up there own mind... AND.. while we're at it.. we may as well help with the other problem mentioned outside the thread... & give the only Licensed gold and black GTA rear bird in the kit IF the people who what them have that bird fitted for what ever really unexplained reason.

Oz -

Again, no worries. Like everyone else said. The originals WERE gold (sail panel) for a short time. The orignal emblems were crap. So that light gold coat wore off fast.

Send me a gold set!

The originals were, in fact, gold. Although they probably didn't last long that way.

Although, I DO like the silver. But just not for my car. I'll use them for hanging in my office or something.

I can't imagine how hard it is to reproduce factory emblems when all examples (even low mile ones) look like crap. Can't be easy at all!!!

I was lucky as my car never saw the road. It was stored in a museum it's whole life. Sucks for the engine. My valve springs suck!

But the rest of the car survived exactly as it left the factory. My TTA emblems show zero signs of wear. As does the interior. I've seen 1000 mile cars with wear on the drivers seat.

But, my last GTA (3 years ago) didn't fair well on the emblems at only 10,000 miles.

By the way, I LOVE the presentation of the set you sent me. VERY well packaged and has the GM license stickers... etc.

*** Oh, and when you make a rear bird (in the correct White color) let me know.

Not to spoil the 'review', but the CarMotorsports rear bird is VERY heavily curved. Have to heat it (I hear) to flatten it and get it to fit.

The Emblems for the TTA have been a hot topic for years. And as dumb as it might sound (they're just emblems), we've all been looking forward to having someone make them for a long time now. Which is why I'm making a post for them.

There's a few of us (myself included) that have super low mile cars. And this is a BIG issue for us too! The GM ones sucked.

well, I got my set 2day from down under....I have a slow mailman..

they lookin good...!!

these are a few pics...closer close ups dont come out good ...i have a cheap camera.....these will get lightly clear coated and put away for mine or maybe my next TTA I obtain.....(and yes I am looking for a weekly cruiser)

Picture002.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture007.jpg

i have my fingerprints all over them ..ooops
Picture006.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Back