TTA front mount intercooler pics?

I have seen stock mount with Dut neck go 130+ on pump gas with Alky and I intend to do the same :) Personally I don't see a front mount being all the affective unless you are willing to cut out the front bumper cover like a few have done.

Last edited:
yeah i have the duty neck right now. but if i am planning to upgrade the ic might as well go all out. so i would to the front mount and yea i would probably end up cutting the front bumper it won't be a big deal bc it is spidering and needs work anyways

yeah i have the duty neck right now. but if i am planning to upgrade the ic might as well go all out. so i would to the front mount and yea i would probably end up cutting the front bumper it won't be a big deal bc it is spidering and needs work anyways

If you can find a DeQuick TTA front mount .. they don't cut the front bumper

Yeah that good but the most effective way for performance would be to cut it. otherwise you won't be getting the same effect from the air under the nose

Not true at all... if it's properly shrouded and the scoop is designed correctly it actually will transfer heat BETTER than a front mount ... on a lot of front mounts 60% of the incoming air just bounces off the face of the intercooler. Spent a lot of time on front mount vs belly mount intercoolers... the shrouding makes the difference.

alright so I would have to get a shroud custom made then

The DeQuick TTA intercooler comes with the shroud... but they are hard to find ....

Cutting the front bumper on a TTA to make a front mount work ... won't yield the results your looking for .. if you look at the airflow over the front bumper you will see what I am talking about.

Shroud the front mount with a scoop and it will perform well.

No need to cut the bumper to make a front mount work in a tta

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Pics tta front mount

Attachments

• 1393216452187.jpg
    1393216452187.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 331
  • 1393216492704.jpg
    1393216492704.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 298
  • 1393216524803.jpg
    1393216524803.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 315
Too bad this kind a of crap has happened...Mease, Terry Houston and Tony DeQuick all went down the drain...interesting thread on the CAS (DeQuick) V4 stock location ($899.00 in 2002 :confused:) and V2 front mount group buy debacle that went south http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/cas-tta-intercooler-group-purchase.36527/

On another note...Steve's V2 front mount on TTA850 how it looks with the bumper off and how little room and ground clearance there is...I'm guessing Steve also removed the AC.

pipes1.jpg inter01.jpg inter02.jpg

Too bad this kind a of crap has happened...Mease, Terry Houston and Tony DeQuick all went down the drain...interesting thread on the CAS (DeQuick) V4 stock location ($899.00 in 2002 :confused:) and V2 front mount group buy debacle that went south http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/cas-tta-intercooler-group-purchase.36527/

On another note...Steve's V2 front mount on TTA850 how it looks with the bumper off and how little room and ground clearance there is...I'm guessing Steve also removed the AC.

View attachment 215642 View attachment 215643 View attachment 215644

In all honesty .. if your not trapping near 130 or higher .. the stock modded intercooler works just fine... again the overall setup and what fuel is bing used is important to consider .. on a car trapping 140+ being pushed.. a good front mount widens the gap pretty quickly over a stocker... for the typical 125 mph TTA.. spend the money on other things

Back before 03 Rob Crissafulli went 132 in the 1/4 running a bone stock TTA unmodified IC :)

View attachment 215642 View attachment 215643 View attachment 215644
I have ac. If u use the gn ac lines it works perfect I run a 4 core aluminum radiator and twin fan set up