TTA motor mounts used for sale

SuperTTA

Hi,
I bought a set (both driver and passenger) of used 89 turbo trans am motor mounts off this board and decided not to use them. They are supposed to be off a 20K mile car.
They are in the same condition as the ones on my car. I was going to swap them out when I did the oil pan gasket.
Make me an offer.
Pictures posted at:
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/jwicmandy/lst?.dir=/TTAmotormounts&.view=t
You will receive just the motor mounts, the bottom plate they are attached to I will use with my new mounts.
Get them if you want a spare set or if yours has come apart. Drivers one is not available anymore.
Thanks,
James

Are these different from the thirty dollar ones they sell at NAPA? The plates are needed for a swap aren't they? Looking for a set so I can do a swap.

Yes there is a difference.
These are original GM mounts and the drivers side mount is no longer available. The drivers side has a different rubber compound than the passenger.
The ones from the autoparts store are only passenger side specific mounts. I think the p/n for the drivers side is 12398532

Yes the plates are needed for a swap...They are TTA specific. I might sell the plates after I swap out the mounts in my car.
Later,
James

TTA motor mounts

I checked the parts catalog today and the mounts are the same for both sides. Part # 22188970. Still available, but expensive at 103.66 list. The mounting plates are discontinued.

Hi,
I know for sure the drivers and passenger motor mounts on a TTA are different p/n's. I will find them.
Mount, Engine Mounting, LH 12398532
Mount, Engine Mounting, RH 22113326
One mount was made for compression and one for tension because the way the motor torques over. Will a passenger motor physically fit on the drivers side...yes.
Even the GN's have different part numbers for the left and right motor mounts.
Later,
James

TTA motor mounts

James:
You are correct. The mounts are different. I was the victim of mis-information. When I was replacing my oil pan gasket I decided to change the mounts. I went into the parts department and asked if the mounts were still available. The guy said yes, new part # and both the same. I ordered a pair and put them on. Then I start seeing posts about the mounts being different, so I double checked with my parts man and he says the mounts are the same. After your last post I checked with one of the other guys in parts, and sure enough they are different. Looks like I got two right side mounts on my car. They fit ok, but as you said the right side mounts are made to be compressed so the one on the left side probably won't last. Sorry 'bout that.
Bill

Bryan,
I just did my oilpan gasket and motor mounts today. I might still sell the plates and mounts. Right now it is on hold...I will let you know...
Might put them on ebay when the time comes too. :)
Later,
James

Engine Mount

Super TTA, Did you look closely at the mounts you are talking about. If you did you will see that (as the PAS print I am looking at says) the left is EXACTLY THE SAME AS the RIGHT, with the exception of 9mm removed from the LEFT mount lower block side.There is no durometer difference in the mounts as some people have indicated, so what is the big deal with mounts ??? The right side is still available through GM ($80.00) under a superceded number (for the purist) No Joke -- if you have a true set(rt & lt) sides, you can see the difference. Sorry to the aftermarket guys trying to make a buck. TURBOTA

the "mounts" are availible from napa, its the "PLATES" that are specific to the TTA
as you can see in the pics the "rubber mounts" mount to the "metal plates" and those PLATES are discontinued from GM and not being reproduced-

everyone keeps saying that there is a difference in the rubber that GM used between the LH AND RH sides

I have heard that they are the same & also that they are different. The way I figure it, there should be some difference if there was a different part number assigned to it from GM. If the rubber or internal design is different, then the RUBBER should have a different number molded into it. Does ANYONE have mounts with different numbers molded into the rubber??? Note that these are NOT the part numbers for rt & left. I have yet to find 2 different numbers molded in the rubber part.

Do the plates look exactly the same, or are they side specific?

I am interested in the mounts, the plates, or both. PLEASE let me know if you still have them for sale.

I based my statement on the information that is printed on the original PAS blueprint for the engine mounts. It clearly states that
the left side mount is the same as the right, except the 9mm I referred to in my first response. Anytime there is a deviation called for, the part gets assigned a NEW PART NUMBER !. This is common practice in the automotive industry. There is NO other difference. turbota

Originally posted by turbota
except the 9mm I referred to in my first response.

Can you help me understand EXACTLY where this 9 mm difference is? Can you send me a dig pic of the print you are looking at?
THANKS-
Paul.

well

butch and i have good luck, we have the original motor mounts sitting here in a box-
glad to see the machine shop didnt toss them out after all!!

these are from the tta #340, and if anyone would like a few pics, im sure i can arrange some pics to be taken before we install the motor tomorrow-
please email me before 3:00pm wednesday afternoon, and i will get the pics you need---

HTH
bryan

I should be picking up this 85 T/A this week or next for a swap, and I will NEED those mounts and plates, any help would be great!

Jake