You can type here any text you want

tta price

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tom j

I am looking at a 89' tta , it has 67000 miles on it and it has been in storage for 5yrs, it needs the bumpers repainted and it has adent about the size of a fist in the rear quarter and small tear in the the driver seat other than that is near perfect, bone stock and all the factory paperwork, what would you guys pay for it I know it is a tough question without seeing it, i just a ball park amount

tta value

Hi,
It sounds like the storage has not been kind to the car, but I would say it's worth 9500 on mileage alone, if verifiable. Run a carfax,curious about the faded paint. Just an opinion...

Give yourself some room for unexpected repairs

tom j said:
I am looking at a 89' tta , it has 67000 miles on it and it has been in storage for 5yrs, it needs the bumpers repainted and it has adent about the size of a fist in the rear quarter and small tear in the the driver seat other than that is near perfect, bone stock and all the factory paperwork, what would you guys pay for it I know it is a tough question without seeing it, i just a ball park amount

I bought a 68,023 mile TTA this past May for cheap and have put another $6,000 in it since then. I traded many parts that came with the car for things I needed, and stopped this list after reaching $6,000 dollars spent (my good wife found the list ;) ). The total snuck up on my pretty fast....

Off the top of my head, I've done the following things:

A/C work and recharge
New TTA wheels and tires
Fuel pump and pulsator
AFPR
Cold Air kit with K&N filter
Leather seat repairs
Floor Mats
Fuel filter
PCV valve
Plugs
Plug Wires
STAT
Misc engine compt maintenance
New chip
T-Top trim (needs seals)
RJC Boost controller
New turbo elbow with larger puck
HD wqastegate Actuator
Shocks
Spare ignition
Spare Coil
Spare original MAF
Spare ECM
Spare set of 50# injectors
Knock detector
Hood struts
Alchy
Sales tax and transportation home

I discovered a lot of things when I got it home. Its a GREAT car, but don't be fooled by a low initial price. All I still need to do is install the heater core to have a car I can drive anywhere any time of the year. Keeps a smile on my face :)

When I bought this car, it was probably worth $10k after a long trip home, some basic repairs, a good spring cleaning and a lot of clean up....Its probably worth $13k tops now, but, it has turned out to be a solid, no rust car I'll deliver anywhere when I sell it later on.

Oh, almost forgot the big upside: With the stock unopened block, tranny, heads, injectors, Ta-49 and Alchy, this car will probably go fast enough to get kicked off the track without a roll bar :biggrin:

tom j said:
so 7500 doesnt sound to bad

Depending on a number of things, and, assuming it runs and drives well, that car sounds promising at that price.

Look at EVERYTHING, don't bring home any surprises. :)

Back