You can type here any text you want

TTA prices

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tracy

Wondering why these cars are not bringing more $$.

High retail on these cars is around 22K, yet I see most selling for much less. Low mileage clean examples 17K-20K

From the standpoint of collectability it's still the fastest T/A built. It's a limited production car and it's a Pontiac with a Buick engine. Seems that all of these stats would translate into higher prices.

Maybe when the car hits the 20 year old mark - What do you guys think?

Too many low mile examples sitting in garages.. problem is nobody knows of them..unless you have a GN.. then you know..

What is something worth when nobody knows anything about it? Not that much. Hell a GN or TType with similar mileage pulls more money.

Sorry..its how it is.

Razor is prolly right....Additionally, there is the fact that neither the Buick nor the Pontiac crowds are really fond of the TTA....Its a step-child :(

I've always thought the low miles on my car would pay off eventually. But, lately, I've considered some long road trips and regular use of the car. Will be a long time before I can get all my money back. And its MINT :)

This question had been asked over and over, Why why why!

I think the short/simple answer is that these cars are becoming a prime example of something that falls through the collector cracks for various reasons.

You can cite a hundred reasons why they should be collectable and worth more, but that doesn't create demand.

I agree it stinks!

Our cars are arguably one of the top cars GM ever built. The great LC2 motor with fantastic styling and great handling. But, the other responses are correct. They are so rare, no one knows what the car is.

Get them out of the garages and start driving them! That'st he decision I have made, and I'm having a ball with it.

Shoulda bought an old hemi car for collectibility. Those old rust buckets are bring well into the 6 figures.:rolleyes:

In a way, I'm kinda glad. It's the only way I could get a great car like this!

I've had older more collectable cars. I have my reasons for buying my TTA.

As far as the "why..why..why" - I'm not complaining , I'm new to these cars and was just looking for your opinion.

I hope the prices go down not up. Want something to sit in your garage? Go buy an old Musclecar.

When I am done racing and beating the crap out of this one I wanna buy another low milage car to do it all over again. These are the BEST cars to go racing in. They go really fast for short money and are reliable.

Its such a shame to see them left stock sitting in garages collecting dust.

I know it wasn't a complaint and a lot of people have asked the same thing!

One clue: these cars are orphans. The Buick people think they are essentially a turbo regal parts-theft. The Pontiac people think they are just a footnote and the Firebird people, especially the Trans Am people think they are an abberation (or a Buick!)

There are thousands of car owners who had this that or the other thing and are kicking themselves. There are others who enjoyed their cars and said "so be it".

To each their own...... but it is nice to go to a car show and see something as it came from the factory, especially when you were not old enough to see it yourself or buy one.

Back