You can type here any text you want

TTA put the hurtin' on LS1 Camaro and TA at same time!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2QUIK6

Turbo Milk Jug displacmnt
I was cruisin' down the highway this afternoon and a red LS1 Camaro w/Borla exhaust comes blowin' past me, some dude and 3 chicks. Then about the same time a red TA with a white hood merged on to the highway, so I speed up some and got up behind the Camaro, all 3 lanes were clogged with about 4 cars spreadout all driving the same speed so no one could get around...then at the next entrance ramp, I knew there would become a 4th lane so I got over and floored it, the Camaro soon gave chase, after a brief stint that got up to 135mph I slowed and the Camaro kept on till he past me.
So instead of exiting I figured what the hell, and followed him off at the next exit, he tried to turn sharply when I was in the far lane so he could leave me behind, but I slammed on the brakes and made it. At the first light he started trying to turn off, so I got beside him and pointed for him to go straight.
As luck would have it, he did go straight and we were able to line up at the next light, and low and behold, theres the red TA with white hood right behind me also.
His girlfriend in the front looks over and they're both laughing...thinking there going to hand my butt to me in my GTA, he'd probably never seen or knows what a TTa is..
With only a few pounds of boost, light turns green and I burned the tires off all the way thru the intersection, but it was still good enough to be about a half car length ahead, once the tires grabbed, I could see the tail of the Camaro in the rear view, and the TA got smoked by the Camaro but I was out front.
I slowed and gave the guy and his girls the biggest crap eatin grin :D Made my day!

I was only about 3 blks from my house, so I hurried home hopped in the GN and went back cause it looked like the TA was still wanting some of the Camaro but I cruised up and down the strip where we raced and didn't find them, thought it would be real funny to come back and whip up on them even worse :)

2Quik6, Nice kill! We just moved to the Ft. Worth area over the holidays, what are the best cruise areas? We are getting a TTA next week, I cant wait! We should get together sometime, it'd be awesome to see two TTA's at once.

BTW we live south of Arlington, a small town called Mansfield

Originally posted by '71buickg.s.
We are getting a TTA next week, I cant wait! We should get together sometime, it'd be awesome to see two TTA's at once.

BTW we live south of Arlington, a small town called Mansfield
A friend of mine thats right across the lake from me has a TTA also, so we could have 3 TTA's together :) Another guy from the Buick club has one also that I see at club meets, he also has a 70 GS Conv. Another GN guy from the club also has a 72 GS, so you have your GS's covered to since you have a 71.
Since you're in Mansfield your real close to the Kennedale 1/8 track and not too bad of a drive down 287 to Ennis to the 1/4 track. I'm over in the NW side of Ft. Worth, as soon as the weather starts warming up the Buick club will start having meets at the various tracks, lots of cool people come out. 2 other friends over in my side of town have Gn's too, so there's quit a few turbo heads right there that I know already.
Just keep watchin the "Texas" section for posts about gatherings once March rolls around and come out to one of them, good way to meet folks if you're new to the area.

Back