TTA question please help???

Here is a pic of the Vin:
I contacted Gm and the ball is rolling looks like there is a way to get a replacement VIN as long as the proper documents are available.
Thanks for all the input guys:
John

Attachments

• DSC02203.JPG
    DSC02203.JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 127
Wow that looks bad, I suggest remove the windscreen and make sure you clean all that up and get rid of all the rust .... sure nobody poored some acid in ther :) ... did you check all body panels, bumper impact bars etc for the VIN stickers on the car?

Jan Larsson said:
Wow that looks bad, I suggest remove the windscreen and make sure you clean all that up and get rid of all the rust .... sure nobody poored some acid in ther :) ... did you check all body panels, bumper impact bars etc for the VIN stickers on the car?

Everything else is on there, all the PAS & ASC stickers are there. The car has no other rust & has cloth int (Mint) with T-tops. It has 75k miles and my friend who owns it now is the second owner. Body is straight it is missing the front bumper emblem & rear taillight panel bird. The Turbo(Fender) tags were stolen but he has new ones from GM.
Here are some more pics: Pics are crap cause I dont know how to make them smaller properly.

Attachments

• DSC02207.JPG
    DSC02207.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 81
  • DSC02209.JPG
    DSC02209.JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 87
  • DSC02215.JPG
    DSC02215.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 86
  • DSC02220.JPG
    DSC02220.JPG
    134.7 KB · Views: 77
  • DSC02225.JPG
    DSC02225.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 82
Grumpy,

Believe me now?

See John's post about GM and his "replacement" tag from GM.

John asked for help and that's what I provided to him, another solution to his problem. As stated, he now has a solution through GM as "I" suggested.

I want to apologize to the board for any hijacking of the thread with Shelby VIN tag information as this information was included by me in my original post to provide an "Example" of available Repo/Original VIN tags and not create a debate over real tags, fake tags or hidden VIN number locations on Shelby American vehicles.

Have a great day!

wow - is the vin tag even left??? if that rust is the vin tag itself - i've never seen one do that.

but otherwise it looks like a pretty good car. there are plenty of places to get replacement emblems.

j13smiley said:
wow - is the vin tag even left??? if that rust is the vin tag itself - i've never seen one do that.

but otherwise it looks like a pretty good car. there are plenty of places to get replacement emblems.

The whole vin is there its just very rusted, The car is real clean, My friend pulled the motor to replace the head gasket & it had alot of oil leaks so he figured it would be easy to just pull everything, He had everything checked & he replaced all the gaskets re-assembled everything. It just needs to be installed, the trans is original. What do you guys think the car is worth the way it sits? just to see if i'm in the ballpark with what i think!
John

vintageracer said:
Grumpy,

Believe me now?

See John's post about GM and his "replacement" tag from GM.

John asked for help and that's what I provided to him, another solution to his problem. As stated, he now has a solution through GM as "I" suggested.

I want to apologize to the board for any hijacking of the thread with Shelby VIN tag information as this information was included by me in my original post to provide an "Example" of available Repo/Original VIN tags and not create a debate over real tags, fake tags or hidden VIN number locations on Shelby American vehicles.

Have a great day!

nope I still don't believe it BUT miracles happen every now an then :p :eek: