You can type here any text you want

TTA rear

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Wow it seems like it would weigh more then that. I found a good low mile rear end, but with the shipping $180 plus the rear end it's going to be $630. That's a lot for a stock rear. It's still cheaper then a 9" though I don't know if it's worth it. Thanks

I wouldnt buy a used TTA rear for anything. Unless i knew the source personally and had a guarantee.

Get it from something weak.. like a GTA.. and the 88 GTA's have bad calipers.. meaning you get the rear cheap.

Just transfer your TTA calipers onto the GTA rear end.. direct bolt in.

9 bolt should hold 50 ft lbs of axle TQ to test posi.

Well I don't know the source personally, but he is a member of this board. The rear end came out with under 9k miles on it, and has been sitting in storage filled with fluid. He said he guarantees that you can't get any closer then this one to new. I've been looking for rear end out of GTA'S, and I have not found one with under 80k on it. I have been looking for a couple months with no luck. I'm not arguing just wondering if it sounds any better now? Thanks

dvernst said:
Well I don't know the source personally, but he is a member of this board. The rear end came out with under 9k miles on it, and has been sitting in storage filled with fluid. He said he guarantees that you can't get any closer then this one to new. I've been looking for rear end out of GTA'S, and I have not found one with under 80k on it. I have been looking for a couple months with no luck. I'm not arguing just wondering if it sounds any better now? Thanks

80k is a non-issue.

Why was the rear end pulled at 9k? If the car was burned, wrecked in the front, turned into a ProStreet, etc.. then you have my blessing :)

If it was raced and eventually replaced before it broke.. then you have an issue. 9K miles can be very hard miles on a TTA.

My TTA has only 18 K miles :D

I bought one last year and it was 300#. At least that is what the trucking company said it weighed.

Moving it around, it seemed more like 297#'s.

Razor said:
80k is a non-issue.

Why was the rear end pulled at 9k? If the car was burned, wrecked in the front, turned into a ProStreet, etc.. then you have my blessing :)

If it was raced and eventually replaced before it broke.. then you have an issue. 9K miles can be very hard miles on a TTA.

I'm not sure. I know he replaced it with a Currie 9" in 1997 or 98. He also did a bunch of other stuff to it also. I'll have to investigate it better. Thanks for the help so far.

UNGN said:
I bought one last year and it was 300#. At least that is what the trucking company said it weighed.

Moving it around, it seemed more like 297#'s.
Thanks. Yeah if it actually weighed 300#'s you definitely wouldn't have been able to move it around. 297#'s is nothing though. :rolleyes:

Razor said:
Get it from something weak.. like a GTA.. and the 88 GTA's have bad calipers..

The 88 Calipers are not weak...but it was the last year for the iron calipers. 89 and maybe very late 88s changed to the aluminum PBR calipers. Any 89 f body 9 bolt will have the came calipers as th TTA. I have had both the iron and the alumminum and they both work great. If the TTA rearend does not have a special torque arm mount on the rearend then you are way better off buying a 9 bolt from a camaro or a gta :)

I meant to say the iron calipers are extremely hard to find not rotted out on a rear end thats been sitting. Unlike the aluminums we have on the TTA.

That why 9 bolts from 88's will command way less money, due to bad brakes aka iron calipers.

ummmm the def weigh more than a 100#s or I am getting very weak as the years go by .. personally if I were goin to be pushing the car I would go to a 12 bolt or a 9" Ford :cool:

Dan,
Do you know if the TTA rear has the same torque arm mount on the housing as everyother thirdgen?....if it is then there is no sense spending big money on a rearend just because it came out of a TTA when you could get the exact same rearend out of a GTA or an IROC for half the cash....or less. :confused:

wickedsixx said:
Dan,
Do you know if the TTA rear has the same torque arm mount on the housing as everyother thirdgen?....if it is then there is no sense spending big money on a rearend just because it came out of a TTA when you could get the exact same rearend out of a GTA or an IROC for half the cash....or less. :confused:

yes it does :cool: don't tell anyone but I used a Camaro one for a few years :eek: :p

Razor said:
80k is a non-issue.

O.k. the rear end was pulled, because he was planning on putting a Trans brake, and did not want to break the stock rear end. I know it's a TTA rear, but I like the fact it only has 9k on it. I have not found one comparable to it yet. I've been looking on every forum I can find with no luck. Maybe i'll get lucky and come across a deal on a 9". :biggrin: Thanks

Back