TTA Sam Kinison

Lots of TTAs were wrecked. AND burn't. I had pics of a lot of em but can't find em. As far as fixing the car back then NO WAY !!! They wern't worth anything. You would be upside down $$$$ wise. The stories grow as everyone gives their feedback as they were at the crash site years ago an spoke to Sam's ghost :p

The way to figure it out is too research where sam bought the car, VIN # dealer etc…then go to turbotransam.com and ask Jan Larson, he's very good with records, history and cutting through BS. You might be able to figure out build # too and verify that Sam's car in fact is on the street or still in storage. I'm guessing it was sold without a title and parted out, this way nothing comes back to the family. Last one saw that sat awhile and is being sold without a title foe just the shell because every useable part was removed was at Hawks third gen...

The car in question is #844. It was my dad's old car that he bought from the title owner. John Gallina. Len Freeman of Las Vegas sold the car for Mr Gallina at the time. We saw the car for sale at a buick shootout in Las Vegas in around 02 I want to say. I went with my dad to The bank and came back with cash and I drove the car home. The car included the owners kit. He paid right around 10k. My brother has already given enough evidence including pictures he has of the car AFTER I unfortunately got into a bad accident in it a few years later. There is no way #844 was Sams car!!! Unfortunately Sams car was most likely scraped after his accident and will never be found.

The car in question is #844. It was my dad's old car that he bought from the title owner. John Gallina. Len Freeman of Las Vegas sold the car for Mr Gallina at the time. We saw the car for sale at a buick shootout in Las Vegas in around 02 I want to say. I went with my dad to The bank and came back with cash and I drove the car home. The car included the owners kit. He paid right around 10k. My brother has already given enough evidence including pictures he has of the car AFTER I unfortunately got into a bad accident in it a few years later. There is no way #844 was Sams car!!! Unfortunately Sams car was most likely scraped after his accident and will never be found.
You guys are chasing a car that no longer exists.

There is no way Sam bought #844 then totaled it... Years later... John Gallina acquires the car with the owners kit... I drive the car for years. Old lady pulls out in front of me in Las Vegas and I total the car with my girlfriend at the time and survive. We keep the car for a while and part it out. After getting re titled somehow Tony H ownes it... It's a far fetched story. Sam's car has been long gone. I still have the motor and trans from this car... Someone wants this to be a car it's not because they think it brings more money than it's actually worth. A totaled and parted TTA. I can trace back who bought the owners kit, who bought the stock exhaust and who bought the misc parts like the trans crossmember misc...

Last edited:
I could possibly be looking to pull and sell this low milage build TTA drivetrain originally from #844 out of the Mazda for a fully built race port turbo rotary to put in the Mazda and give back to the TTA its original motor and trans. The TTA needs it's drivetrain back and my RX7 needs a built rotary motor and 5 speed... I have had all the fun I can get out of the car. Been looking at proper rotary builds and they are pretty sick. Now, It's a choice to go back to rotary like it should be or do a turbo LS swap. Any way you look at it it's prolly time this motor goes back home. Whatever way I decide to go the build has to pay for itself. I have no extra money to sink into this car AFTER almost 20 years of money into it.

Last edited:
I will be breaking up a 9 sec car build to go back to a rotary motor like it should be. Prices are going up and up. My TTA motor is bad ass and worth money. My RX7 is bad ass and now worth money. Original Japanese cars are shooting up in value lately. The top of the market is coming soon.