TTA SS 3" Custom Downpipe?

Very nice. Glad u have stayed focused. Once there done I will be waiting with $$$$$ in hand.

This thread has been beyond embarrassing for me, but finally after 2 years I had a fixture made, and a pro-type TTA downpipe fabricated.:oops:

The fixture is now at a shop in California which has promised to build these pipes for me.

I also furnished him with 10 RJC flanges for the first batch of SS pipes which should be completed in a month or so.

Since I sold both of my TTA's to local friends, one of them will do the test install, and we can then mock up the intermediate pipe to the exhaust.

An encouraging thing is this shop has done excellent work for me in the past, and he will do his best to make this a quality product!
This is great. Only problem I have with this whole deal is that someone on turbo trans am.com posted he was having some exhaust parts made, and you totally hijacked his thread. After that he said screw it, and was only making his parts. That was a total Dick move

A member on the other board made a post about custom headers,and if anyone was interested let him know. He lives 30 minutes from me. After Nick Hijacked his thread, and said he was making headers also I contacted him, and he said forget it. Nick ruined it. I personally think he was being a little sensitive, but it still got shot down. Nick never came through with his headers either.

If I hijacked a thread, I apologize?

I did mention at one time we "could" make TTA headers, and I did talk with a TTA owner who asked me to make a set for him.

The quote which I gave him was for one set of custom TTA headers would cost between $1800 and $2000 as a fixture will be needed, and I was not prepared to invest in the tooling for one set of headers.

Like the downpipes, it will take a minimum quantity of 10 sets of headers to make them affordable which would be well over $1000 a set.

The pro-type and fixture cost for the downpipe was much less since I had a pattern to start, and I am confident a batch of quality SS TTA DP's will be very affordable, and half of them are already committed.

A member on the other board made a post about custom headers,and if anyone was interested let him know. He lives 30 minutes from me. After Nick Hijacked his thread, and said he was making headers also I contacted him, and he said forget it. Nick ruined it. I personally think he was being a little sensitive, but it still got shot down. Nick never came through with his headers either.

you can always get a custom 1 off set done by a header fabricator .. I know there are a few in Michigan that will do a set of custom headers for about $1000 give or take..

They can also do 1 off custom down pipes for $5-600 .. I am not sure of what the lead time would be but I think in 2 months you could have headers and downpipe made

no worries! i think we all appreciate somebody staying on top of it. A friend spent 3 years working on some beautiful Pontiac V8 headers and lost a few bucks (and his wife) over it! thanks for sticking with it! I'm still in for 1 or 2 sets. Bill

It has been 2-1/2 years since I started this project to make a run of TTA downpipes and finally received a batch of pipes from the manufacturer in California.

I supplied a mock-up pipe and the fixture, and after many months he finally sent me a few pipes that were not built to my specific requirements?

This has me really pissed as he could not follow the instructions supplied, and it will take us another month of additional work and expense to fit it properly to a TTA.

The good news is we do have an original TTA to facilitate finishing the pipes as needed to assure it will be a good fit.

Until we do the final mock-up and fitment for the DP and connector pipe, we will not be able to post the price, and our initial batch will only be about 7 pipes. We can then do more units if there is a demand

When the price and completion date is finalized, hopefully in a couple weeks, we will then take orders only with a deposit.

We finally received the first TTA down pipe so we can now do a mock-up on the vehicle to make the connector pipe to the exhaust.

As you can see, a slip joint is used after the bend to make the installation easy and simple.

TTA DP1.jpg
TTA DP2.jpg

Looks sweet......I can't remember what was discussed prior.....is there going to be a flex connection to exhaust like stock????