tta stock fuel pump,inj?

flyc2a

some parts i got on the way are te-44 turbo, adj. fuel press. reg.

I am in the market for injectors and havent found a good deal on a set. What size injectors should be good for high 11's? Will the stock fuel pump be good enough for this time? If not, would 340 be good enough?

ps. whats the fastet people have gone on stock fuel pump in a tta?

The stock fuel pump isn't even good enough for a bone stock engine. Get a WB340 and a hotwire and you will be good for high tens (in the fuel supply area).

As for injectors, don't bother with anything under 50pph as you will end up buying twice and the modern chips will provide a nice smooth idle with the bigger injectors. Currently available High Impedence injectors (don't require an ECM mod) are 50, 57, and 60pph and also some smaller ones that people end up upgrading again after they max them out.

Hope you have a good scantool also, you will need it to do anything with the car safely.

HTH

have a otc 2000, is this good enough scan tool? I will get the fuel pump today. Is it hard to install, what do i have to do? Drop tank?

Originally posted by flyc2a
some parts i got on the way are te-44 turbo, adj. fuel press. reg.

I am in the market for injectors and havent found a good deal on a set. What size injectors should be good for high 11's? Will the stock fuel pump be good enough for this time? If not, would 340 be good enough?

ps. whats the fastet people have gone on stock fuel pump in a tta?

I've gone 113.5 mph with the stock fuel system....a friend dyno'd his TTA at 370/560 with the stock pump and inj. , although the injectors had been cleaned and flowed prior.

But........as said before get the 50's or even 57's and a 340 and
you'll be good to go. A lot safer than pushing the stock stuff.

BTW, my tranny will be done in a few weeks and I'll be itchen to get to a track, you still going to the "Q" ?

have a otc 2000, is this good enough scan tool? I will get the fuel pump today. Is it hard to install, what do i have to do? Drop tank?
Yup, drop the exhaust, rearend, then the tank will come down. There is a link to a site with a good writeup in the TTA FAQ. Plan on it taking a weekend if you haven't done it before.

i do go to the "Q", but i dont like it. I went to barona 1/8 mile this weekend. I LOVE IT!! Car is still stock and i pulled a 1.8 60ft, 8.4 @ 83.5 mph. What kind of 1/4 mile time is this?

The rearend has to come out for the tank to drop? Cant you just jack the car up enough to slide the tank out?

i do go to the "Q", but i dont like it. I went to barona 1/8 mile this weekend. I LOVE IT!! Car is still stock and i pulled a 1.8 60ft, 8.4 @ 83.5 mph. What kind of 1/4 mile time is this?

Low, low 13, hi 12's

The rearend has to come out for the tank to drop? Cant you just jack the car up enough to slide the tank out?

I did mine with the rearend in.

fuel pump

The pump can be replaced with the rear in but it makes it a lot more difficult. The problem is that the fuel filler neck is welded to the tank and can't be removed and that makes it a pain to get down out of there. Also pay attention how you get the sending unit / pump out of tank and the location of the fuel sock. The fuel sock has to be in the smae spot on the new pump. It takes patience and a coulpe tries to get the unit back in the tank. I droppped the rear when I did mine( mainly because I wanted to paint the whole rear anyway) , but I seen them replaced without dropping the rear. I would go with a 50 lb injector. I recommend visiting www.johnsperformance .com , he sells everything you need and you can call him for tech advise ( he also owns a TTA);)

i appreciate all the advice from everyone!!!

lastly..........SUBFRAME CONNECTORS????

pulling 1.8 60ft isnt good for my car, where can i get good subframe connectors(bolt on)? who has them on there car...do you like them?

SFC´s: John has the Global West´s. And if I undestood it right, there are no bolt-on, only weld-in. When I´ve searched for SFC here, I found out that many praise the GW, and many don´t. When I spoke with John, he really praised them. I will get them for my car.

As for injectors, check out www.racetronix.com I have´nt found any cheaper injectors anywhere. They also have the Walbro in tank fuelpumps for a decent price.

/Andreas