You can type here any text you want

TTA stock replacement Fuel Pump ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Scott89TTA

Hey all,

My new 4 month old & less then 400 mile Walbro failed this past weekend on my way to a turbo Buick event at Cecil Co. Drayway. It will be replaced since it is one of the bad pumps Walbro announced but in the mean time I had to get my car running again to get it home (will explain in another thread). I picked up a 1989 TTA stock replacement pump from a local parts store and swapped it out at the track. Yes at the track...like I said in another thread. Now Mike at Full Throttle is taking care of the replacement pump when they are available so all with bad pumps are on hold. My question is with my current mods can I safely run my car with a new stock replacement fuel pump? I have an in-car electric fuel pressure gauge to monitor fuel pressure and Razor's Alky kit as well. My car is running better now then it did with the Walbro...leads me to think it was failing very quickly. I may have some track and dyno events coming up before the new replacement Walbro's are available...can I participate or should I just baby it until the pump is replaced with the new HP pump?

thanks,
Scott

As long as fuel pressure isnt dropping.. let'er rip ;)

As long as fuel pressure isnt dropping.. let'er rip ;)

Thanks Julio...that's basicly what Steve Kaminski and a few others said up at Cecil last weekend. Didn't get to make any passes since it died on the way there...by time we got the pump swapped out they were closing down the lanes...just glad it didn't happen on the track at 115+ mph :eek:

Scott

I,m with Julio on this one. Hope you make it to the event its going to be a great. Plus I don't want to be the only TTA there.

Michael

So sounds like I can look forward to dropping the tank then .... swapped the Walbro 307 for a 340 earlier this year as the 307 did not keep pressure for a while when turned off it just dropped ... put a 340 in I bought from Racetronix I beleive last year ... should I expect this one to go bad?

Back