You can type here any text you want

TTA Trans Cooler Lines from Classic Tube !

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jan Larsson

First thanks to 3.8Turbo for taking a set of lines to Classic Tube in N.Y. (www.classictube.com) and having them scan them, this way repro lines are avalible both in regular steel as well as in stainless. See his original post about this:

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157858&highlight=classic+tube

Anyway, I did order a set and they showed up today (slow boat accross the pond) as I need to replace mine at some point. I thought I share some pictures etc

I ordered the SS lines (part number FBT1012; 1989 TRANS-AM 3.8L TURBO 20th Annv. Edition Trans Line Set 2004R) @ $99 USD + shipping.

They come with a shipping bend (roughtly in the middle on a straight portion of the lines; And according to Classic Tube "This shipping bend is easily removed by placing the line on the floor, holding one end against the floor and pressing your hand slowly along the bend to straighten it out. No need to use tools.") to fit in a "none oversized" box.

The lines looks really good, seems to be more or less identical to our original lines as far as I can tell (I have not installed mine yet) so I'm very impressed. All stainless 5/16 lines made in the USA.

I took a couple of pictures so you can see what they look like, shipping bend is still there (labeled).

Also these lines are made to order so will take a week or two before they ship.

Attachments

• TTA_TransCoolerLines_1.jpg
    TTA_TransCoolerLines_1.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 63
  • TTA_TransCoolerLines_2.jpg
    TTA_TransCoolerLines_2.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 60
  • TTA_TransCoolerLines_3.jpg
    TTA_TransCoolerLines_3.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 59
  • TTA_TransCoolerLines_4.jpg
    TTA_TransCoolerLines_4.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 53
  • TTA_TransCoolerLines_5.jpg
    TTA_TransCoolerLines_5.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 63
I hate that "shipping bend". I got a fuel line replacement for my '69 Cougar and it looked like a pretzel. I'd rather see the freaking thing made with disconnects than rebend a brand new line, even if it is stainless. For what you pay, I think it's hokey.

But.... I'm glad people put in the sacrifice to get this done because we'll all need them sooner or later.

I'll let you all know if I can straighten the "shipping bend" and what it looks like once I've done it .... I'm sure if this was a problem they would not ship them like this ....

Someone took a shortcut with my OEM lines and cut them just under the IC then had some connectors put there too hook them back together and they leak more or less all the time slightly so I have to go under the car and tighten them once in a while .... and in general the lines are pretty beat up so needs replacing for sure.

Jan, I dont think that was the reason they did that. My lines have a leak in them righ there also, its looks to me like the bracket that holds the line right there at the intercooler had rubbed so bad it wore a hole through. I had to cut and splice mine there also. I will be ordering the new lines soon myself.

Back