You can type here any text you want

TTA vs GN Motor mount, whats the difference?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cabech984

Just like the title says, what is the difference in the mounts? Im using an 87 GN 109 engine, in my 90 Firebird. I am using TTA frame pads as well as some tired mounts. Can I just use the GN mounts or do they have to be TTA? I compared the mounts im using vs a set that came w/ my GN engine. They appeared to be the same, could be I guess both sets were used. Oh well, just trying to figure out b/c the Napa GN mounts are 20 bucks and I havent seen any tta mounts.

Thanks

Mounts are availble at advance auto parts. Use two passenger ones. The plates on the engine are different on the TTA.

Lookup 89 Firebird with 3.8 turbo

Mounts are availble at advance auto parts. Use two passenger ones. The plates on the engine are different on the TTA.

Lookup 89 Firebird with 3.8 turbo

Napa got them as well, as Julio said get two passanger side once and you are fine. The OEM driver side is a modified passanger side to clear the transmission oil cooler lines so take a look at your lines after installed so they are not too close to the motor mount tabs that stick out.

Thanks, I already have them, just replacing my beat old ones!! I just picked up 2 from advance today, $21 each, they actually had 2 in stock!!! Well, not anymore!

Not the mounts. I'm talking about the steel brackets that the mounts bolt to. The stock ones are weak and tend to crack. I make new ones using 1/4 plate steel. They won't crack or flex under loads. They will also bring up the engine alittle for better clearance with 3" down pipes.

Thanks, Steve Kaminski

I dropped almost $400 for my poly TTA mounts. They were a complete kit from John's Performance including new pedastals, mounting plates, and bolts. If I understand this correctly the rubber mounts themselves are just 2 passenger side GN mounts?

They are saying that you could have bought 2 passenger side TTA rubber mounts and used them. The drivers side is discontinued for some reason. I'd love the poly mounts now but, 40 dollar rubber vs. $400 dollar poly, I'll go cheap. For now!!

I dropped almost $400 for my poly TTA mounts. They were a complete kit from John's Performance including new pedastals, mounting plates, and bolts. If I understand this correctly the rubber mounts themselves are just 2 passenger side GN mounts?

No the rubber mounts are for the 1989 20th Anniversary TA, you need to get 2 passanger side mounts as they never reproduced the driver side, driver side are the same but GM grinded down the metal tabs for clearence.

Gotcha. It all makes sense. Wish I would have known this before I bought my poly units. Oh well, they will last a life time and will handle anything I could ever throw at them.

Back