TTA with a manual tranny?

gnturboray

Why me??
Did Pontiac ever make the TTA with a manual transmission? I met a guy at the cycle shop the other day who claims to have a buddy with a factory 89 TTA Pace Car with a 5-speed in it.:confused:

Heh heh, that guy's full of crap. manual trannys dont work w/ these engines. go find that guy an tell him to go get his friends brother's dad's buddy's car, an bring it over so you can check it out. Some people dont know what they're talkin bout when it comes to our cars.

I tried to tell him that it was probably a GTA he was referring to,,,but who cares he spent $45k on a Roush Mustang that doesn't even a supercharger. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by gnturboray
cares he spent $45k on a Roush Mustang that doesn't even a supercharger. :rolleyes:

i have this video, that has a guy like that, hes in (i think) a GT-R mustang, and the guys filming it start asking the guy questions, and its very obvious that the guy has no idea what hes talking about..... its soo funny, if you have a place for me to upload it too i can do that, i think it only plays in divx though, its called domestic.avi....

-neil

Did Pontiac ever make the TTA with a manual transmission? I met a guy at the cycle shop the other day who claims to have a buddy with a factory 89 TTA Pace Car with a 5-speed in it.:confused:

He must be related to the guy whos friends cousins teachers sisters roommates aunts neighbor has a 3 mile GNX sitting in his garage with a Twin Turbo 350! :D

Did Pontiac ever make the TTA with a manual transmission?
Sorry folks, but the answer to this question is YES. Pontiac made a prototype 1989 Turbo T/A with a 6 speed manual transmission as a test car.

It was identical to the limited production TTA EXCEPT the "Turbo Trans Am" fender emblems are mounted below the body side moulding and there are no IMS wings on the rocker panels. To my knowledge it was never sold to the public.

Re: Re: TTA with a manual tranny?

Originally posted by TT/A1233
Sorry folks, but the answer to this question is YES. Pontiac made a prototype 1989 Turbo T/A with a 6 speed manual transmission as a test car.

It was identical to the limited production TTA EXCEPT the "Turbo Trans Am" fender emblems are mounted below the body side moulding and there are no IMS wings on the rocker panels. To my knowledge it was never sold to the public.

I was about to say the same thing. I saw an article written on it a long time ago and I think it was based on results obtained by GM. There was a huge gain in top speed, like 8mph but 1/4 times suffered by a full second.

We all knew there was a prototype car... but I 100% doubt this morons buddy has it.. Last i heard it was destroyed...

Gee, just last weekend a guy walked up to my car, look inside, and said, "these cars would be really bad with a 5-speed." I said, "yeah, real bad." :rolleyes:

James

Originally posted by Rogue Leader
We all knew there was a prototype car... but I 100% doubt this morons buddy has it.. Last i heard it was destroyed...
Nope, it wasn't destroyed. It made the rounds at the Pontiac shows last year.

Originally posted by bishir
Gee, just last weekend a guy walked up to my car, look inside, and said, "these cars would be really bad with a 5-speed." I said, "yeah, real bad." :rolleyes:

James
Exactlly. People don't realize that with these cars boost drops between shifts unlike a 9,000 RPM Supra.