You can type here any text you want

TTA850 curse

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Razor

Forum tech Advisor
Staff member
Steve ya had to go and tell me you had run multiple 11.0 runs before you broke into the 10's...

Look what happened tonite,

As soon as I saw the slip.... I thought of you :D

BTW, a previous run I had a 1.525 60 foot.. wonder how much that 9 bolt can handle :D

Ohh man! you are pushing that rear end. I dont feel so bad now with my 60's...... 11.0 again? Didn't you learn anything like shake the due off your lilly before a run?;) I dont know when your going out again, but im bringing the video camara next time. This Runday Sunday I may be going.

10's are just a blink away.;)

Bo

Hope I didnt jinx ya ;) I'll tell ya it's like my car knew I was trying to cross a threshold and wanted to see me sweat.

Cars running and hooking good though, nice run :thumbsup: bet your rear isnt liking you very much right now

Steve

Julio, How are you launching your TA that hard without a T brake?
My T brake is comming out this weekend and the new OE sep plate back in once it shows up from Flint.

Originally posted by turbov6joe
Julio, How are you launching your TA that hard without a T brake?

I put the car to 3400 RPM's and when the yellow lite above the green comes on I floor it.

Perty easy.

Good burnout, track prep, and sticky tires... dunno.. car has the front sway bar on it as well ;)

Converter is working :D

Great times! What converter are you running? Are you still running the 210/205 cam?

Originally posted by 1KWIK6
Great times! What converter are you running? Are you still running the 210/205 cam?

212/212 112 ls Comp Cams, TCS9X11 3600 LU, TE67 turbo 69 trim wheel

Thx for the thumbs up :D

Hmmm, since my T brake is comming out this weekend, maybe I need to re-vamp my driving style to mirror yours??? Did you know that the TTA sep plate and valve body are entirely different from the TR's? I wonder if this is the reason why the TTA's don't seem to like the Stageright T brake? Maybe it was designed for the TR valvebody only?

Originally posted by turbov6joe
Hmmm, since my T brake is comming out this weekend, maybe I need to re-vamp my driving style to mirror yours??? Did you know that the TTA sep plate and valve body are entirely different from the TR's? I wonder if this is the reason why the TTA's don't seem to like the Stageright T brake? Maybe it was designed for the TR valvebody only?

I find it interesting that you made this comment. I have a GN and a TTA. Both have StageRight brakes. The TTA shifts too soft on the 1-2, while the GN works perfectly. What problems have you and others noticed with the StageRight in a TTA?

Up untill I put the SR T brake in my tranny it shifted fine. I put the T brake in and started getting a sloppy 2-3 shift that I attributed to a tired stock tranny. I had the tranny rebuilt by a guy I trust and the sloppy shift was still there. I also started noticing that my MPH was down and NEVER consistant run to run in the 1/4. My 1/8 MPH was always right on the money, but the 1/4 seemed to suffer. I started making passes without the use of the T brake and the MPH was back up to where it should be; Razor noticed the same thing with his tranny. Anyhow, I ran the part numbers for the sep plate and valve body through GM and found that the TR's and TTA's have entirely differnet parts in them. MAYBE and just MAYBE the SR brake was never designed to work (correctly) with the TTA valve body??? Seems strange to me that everyone I know with a TR and the SR brake have no problems, but numerous folks with TTA's mentioned similiar problems. My guess is that there is something significantly different with the TTA valve body or sep plate that makes the tranny go crazy. Anyhow, I have a new sep plate comming this week and will go back to stock and report back my findings. I pray that the thing shifts right and I don't have to yank the tranny....what a PITA if I do! I'm chewing at the bit waiting to put the new heads and cam on/in and make some dyno pulls....us folks up here in the North don't have the "year around" tracks to run on.....don't even say anything Julio:)

Hey I feel your pain... my track wont open till next year..

Jan 8th we have a track rental :p

teeeheeee :D

ps..thats why I moved to Florida... that 6 months a year track operations suck.. Then anything... they call the day.

Back