Ttype 5.3 ls swap complete 13 psi 560whp

Wow...awesome to find this thread. This is exactly what I am doing with my car, it just took me 2 years to get the money to get to this point!

KB is also building my passenger log and I plan to do my own crossover. Its funny I asked him about doing it when I first started 2 years ago, but he had not done one for a g body yet.

I don't know if you still read this thread OP, but I have a bunch of questions:

Are you still on the stock rear-end? Did you do anything to it?
Did you build your crossover out of 2" or 2.5"? I was going to go 2" after reading the big thread on velocity on ls1tech, but you are getting great results.
When you say 13 psi on pump, is that truly pump? No water or meth injection?
I see that you have an o2 bung on your crossover pipe just before the KB log...is this the o2 for the driver's side or the passenger side? Are you still running his bung in the log? Do you have another o2 in the downpipe for tuning? 3" or 3.5" downpipe?
Is that a single 60 wastegate?

I own hptuners so I am planning on converting my truck computer to the SD operating system. Did you download one of matt's tunes as a starting point from the wiki or sent your computer to him?

I feel like a total mooch asking this much, but I really appreciate it.

Wow...awesome to find this thread. This is exactly what I am doing with my car, it just took me 2 years to get the money to get to this point!

KB is also building my passenger log and I plan to do my own crossover. Its funny I asked him about doing it when I first started 2 years ago, but he had not done one for a g body yet.

I don't know if you still read this thread OP, but I have a bunch of questions:

Are you still on the stock rear-end? Did you do anything to it?
Did you build your crossover out of 2" or 2.5"? I was going to go 2" after reading the big thread on velocity on ls1tech, but you are getting great results.
When you say 13 psi on pump, is that truly pump? No water or meth injection?
I see that you have an o2 bung on your crossover pipe just before the KB log...is this the o2 for the driver's side or the passenger side? Are you still running his bung in the log? Do you have another o2 in the downpipe for tuning? 3" or 3.5" downpipe?
Is that a single 60 wastegate?

I own hptuners so I am planning on converting my truck computer to the SD operating system. Did you download one of matt's tunes as a starting point from the wiki or sent your computer to him?

I feel like a total mooch asking this much, but I really appreciate it.

I am using the stock rear with mosser 28spline axles,and disc brake conversion.
my cross over is 2.5in as the vband on the log is 2.5in
1 o2 sensor on drive side, One in the log, and one in downpipe is wideband. the one in cross over pipe near log was welded shut.
my down pipe stars as a 3.5in for the first 1.5 foot then goes to 3in to a 3in dump from a old v6 down pipe.
50mm china waste gate.
Matt lives near by so he came to my house and gave me one of his computers with a tune in it.(Matt is great guy)
I also have hp tuners I did some tweeking and he did some while on the dyno He may have my tune on his wiki page not sure tho.
You can call me if you like.
610 972 5462

sorry for late response,

Really like the car! I've looked over your build multiple times and will be doing the same basic set up. What brackets did you use to keep the PS pump and alternator on the drivers side and not hit the steering box?

Damn, thats a nice pick up! Do you have plans to run it at the track this year?

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Sweet. I'd like to hear what she runs!

By the way, are you still running a single walbro 450 pump?

I just replaced the old on3 7665 turbo with on3s 7875.. gain over 100whp and 95wtq at 21psi

I cant believe I finally found this build thread! I have been looking for more info on this car for the better part of a year, your car is what inspired me to do the 5.3 swap in my own '87 buick. Many of the parts sourced came right from denmahs videos dynoing you car. I had even bought the 78/75 originally and see you have now upgraded! Such an amazingly built car, right down to the two tone paint! I have a few questions for you if its not too much trouble send me a PM!

Last edited:
new best ET at Cecil County sloppy track rental. I was asked kindly to park it. as it has no roll bar

Attachments

• 10.02new.jpg
    10.02new.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 312
Nice pass! It's eery how similar are cars are built. My time slips are almost identical too.

Are you planning on a cage?

Excellent build! I too have a '84 that has a LC2 swap. I am looking to go 4.8/5.3 turbo over the winter. I live about 20 mins from Cecil. Hope to see your car there sometime!

new best ET at Cecil County sloppy track rental. I was asked kindly to park it. as it has no roll bar
Wow, that's awesome, not really. Is your weight of 3840 with you in the car, I presume so. I'm at 3800 with my 109 block. I was looking to run low 10s, but my 109 block will crack in half if I try to run at the power levels you're running. I guess I'll shoot for low 11s or high 10s.

Very good job putting this ride together.

Excellent build! I too have a '84 that has a LC2 swap. I am looking to go 4.8/5.3 turbo over the winter. I live about 20 mins from Cecil. Hope to see your car there sometime!

I will be going this sat nov 12th

Nice pass! It's eery how similar are cars are built. My time slips are almost identical too.

Are you planning on a cage?

I think i will be putting a 8pt in over the winter. every time i take this car to the track it goes faster. I am going to try a 2deg more timing and more race gas.. that 10.02 pass was 14deg and 19psi ..and try and get it in the 9s on my last pass