Tubo ID

Rick Starkey

Turbo ID

The question is what does the Id letters and numbers on turbos designate? Ex TA49 TE61 and so on I know the list is large but is there some rhyme or reason to the numbers. I was at ttype.org and looked there but it didn't satisfiy my hunger for turbo knowledge.:D
TIA Rick

OK, tell me what this means:

I told you not to wander 'round in the dark,
I told you 'bout the swans, that they live in the park,
Then I told you 'bout our kid, now he's married to Mable...

The designations were concocted by John Craig, Harry Hruska and others to cause just the sort of confusion you allude to, as a means of protecting the details surrounding their particular products...

I once asked Harry why he didn't just put everything in a simple table, and that's exactly the explanation he provided...

Don't expect to see that table any too soon...

:D

Strikeeagle I figured an answer like yours was coming, I kind of had that same idea in my mind. Now to extend the guestion from there. When they give measurements of the size of the compressor 58mm or 60-1 what does that mean is that the size of the wheel, or the size the of the openings or what? Theres got to be something to tie this info to a turbo somehow. Man now I have myself confused, I know what I want but how does one say it:confused: :confused: