Tuning nite-mare...

...You can drop a distributor in, in any direction, as long as the rotor lines up with #1 in the cap on the compression stroke. The problem is, the vacuum advance needs to be in the correct position to fit, so it has to be timed so the rotor lines up with #1 in the cap on TDC of the compression stroke.

That was my belief. But not anymore. I know what you mean about the vac canister but I wasn't too worried about it's position, (it can be modified to go without it, but mostly I have an MSD timing control unit which will bypass that issue). I'm mainly focused on using capacitance discharge ignition which I really like. I experimented by dropping the DIS all over the place for the sake of having organized room, (that area is so constrained and my car is a hodgepodge of differant year parts especially in there).

You can drop it anywere pretty much. But there is only one spot were you'll truly notice peak performance. The further away you get from it, (I use an advance dial timing light to check), and you can never set it from the damper without advancing the timing light radically from 20-60 degrees. In addition, the engine begins to operate erratically. Don't know if was the MSD. But I know now you just can't drop it anywere for peak performance.

And yes...it is running great! Thanks! :D

Where do you put the oil in at ? What are the covers off 85 or 87 style?

LOL! The oil....I fabbed it up. It's in the rear of the valve cover and capped off with a chrome oil breather element. I don't remember what year the covers came from, (I think a 90's 3.8). I got them from Eric Fisher when he lived in my town. Sure miss that guy.