Tuning the Alkycontrol kit

Thread updated.

I wanted to add when tuning using adjustable/programmable chips that allow for changes to fueling at WOT..

If you have a situation that the car loads up/is rich building boost.. you can drop fuel pressure on the rail and bump up fueling at WOT. This drops that initial hit of fueling into the motor and still maintains the same afr at WOT.

Same deal a car that goes lean building boost you can bump up fp at the reg and drop fueling at WOT on the chip. To curve your fueling into the motor.

This is why looking at BL numbers gives you an idea of what the comuter is doing.

car stumbles with alky on an set to 6

Hello.

My car has been what I thought was stalling but I turned the alky off and it stopped. I'm sure my settings are off. I've read your very informative thread but I have this question. Rather than just starting making adjustment is it possible to make a powerlogger log and have you tell me a good base setting to start with on a car that has 60lbs motron injectors, tt 6.0 chip, walbro 340 hotwired.

Thanks

post a log and let me take a look at it. is it stalling under WOT? or at idle?

Hello.

My car has been what I thought was stalling but I turned the alky off and it stopped. I'm sure my settings are off. I've read your very informative thread but I have this question. Rather than just starting making adjustment is it possible to make a powerlogger log and have you tell me a good base setting to start with on a car that has 60lbs motron injectors, tt 6.0 chip, walbro 340 hotwired.

Thanks

What type of MAF does the car have?

The maf is stock.
It does not stumble at idle at all.
If i go 50-65% throttle with the alky on it stalls if I turn it off it doesnt

The maf is stock.
It does not stumble at idle at all.
If i go 50-65% throttle with the alky on it stalls if I turn it off it doesnt

Originally in this post it talks about BL numbers. What are the BL numbers at idle, of idle, cruising?

Stock MAF has a white decal with the letters BW on it. On the bottom side opposite where it has the AC delco logo. make sure that decal is there or its a reman.

Problems with tuning are typically fuel or MAF related. Fuel=BL number, MAF.. thats why I ask.

When you drive down the road the O2's are suppossed to jump all over the place on the scanmaster. If while driving lets say 40 MPH you press the test button, you should see the O2's jump into the 800's. If so the O2 sensor and alky kit are more than likely working ok. Spraying at idle may or may not because the the throttle body is closed. Typically should, but not always the case. Another way is if you have a wideband gauge.. watch for the air fuel to drop when you hit test.

Post back.

pics of MAF

I will post some pl files when I get off. Thanks

Attachments

• 028.jpg
    028.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 728
  • 030.jpg
    030.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 700
  • 035.jpg
    035.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 694
I set your AF on your chip to around 11.0. Did you mess with the settings from when you came to the house?

Might be time for an LS1 MAF and translator.

Great posting Razor!!! Very informative, but wasn't this ment to be a reference thread? It seems to be getting off base here.

No Ed I didn't change anything. Just the trans.

for some reason I can't get my powerlogger to monitor. I keep getting this error.

Access violation at address 0052Ec40 in module'PLC.exe" Read of address 0000002C

It was working fine last time I used it a month ago

Thanks

`

I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong section, I was just trying to get some help.

sp 27.1
mal 0
o2 840s
a5 5
L8 38-41
bat 14.1
Int 128
bl 128
coolant 167
ats 105
rpm 825
tps .42
iac 17
cc 85

at idle and smokin like a train. smells so rich like i'm running race fuel

For reference.. this is the picture of a stock MAF :D

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 641
Great posting Razor!!! Very informative, but wasn't this ment to be a reference thread? It seems to be getting off base here.

Its Christmas :D

He's chasing his tail with a problem. I go after these fueling type of problems on TR's the very same way every time. They start at the MAF.. and go from there.

Looks like I hit the pimple the very first try.

Understand for those reading this. When a chip maker makes a chip.. he pressumes that the MAF will deliver readings in a certain way. Meaning the airflow going through it will generate X. This X is what the chip uses to deliver a specific amount of fuel into the motor. When the MAF calibration is off... your fuel delivery through your injectors will also be "off". And all of a sudden the car runs terrible and the quest to tune it starts. This also has to do with how I preset the Alky controller. As I preset a generic curve which should also work and be close enough to get the ball rolling.

Bottom line.. when MAF's are remanufactured.. you never know what you get.. might as well spin the wheel at a roulette table and get lucky. Only way I know MAF's are good is if their stock and working.. or they've been replaced by translator/newer MAF setups.

Hope this helps.

poppy1440, you can start a new thread.. there is no way unless I start deleting your stuff.. just stay away from the "sticky ones". Glad you posted the picture.. it helps narrow down your issue.