You can type here any text you want

Turbo "6" center caps

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jhanson1750

just a 10th quicker
I've looked and nothing. Has anyone ever noticed the "6" on the GN fender badge match the seat head rest but NOT the center cap? Probably but just asking. Jon Hanson

I've looked and nothing. Has anyone ever noticed the "6" on the GN fender badge match the seat head rest but NOT the center cap? Probably but just asking. Jon Hanson

Yeah...it seems that GM goofed that time!...:biggrin: The center caps are the only place where the arrow passes ''behind'' the ''6''. It passes ''over'' the ''6'' everywhere else on the car...
Claude. :wink:

kirban 2 cents worth

Actually that is one of my questions I ask at Buick seminars first how many times does that Turbo 6 symbol appear on a stock GN 1986-1987 version. Correct answer is 11. You got 3 fender badges 4 wheel caps, 2 headrests, one dash panel, and last but not least the visor decal.

We personally know Molly (Rolln Sanders) who case you do not realize it designed the original Grand National for Buick way back in like 1983.

He did that logo. At the time Buick tried making the logo on their own, and we think what happened is the design you see on the center caps is the design Buick came up with and the popular design is Mollys design. Molly did the popular one for sure.

Is this true? I am not 100% sure. You would think from a marketing standpoint the logo would be consistant on the car.

Molly now does a lot of work for Toyota Motorsports and in the late 1980s did the famous oval style L that adorns every single Lexus you see today on the road.

I know he wishes he had gotten a dollar for every Lexus that left the factory since 1989....

He also did the Buick motorsport program, the LeSabre Grand National emblem as well. Also all the original clothes line for Buick and was part of the GNX program related to the numbered books and did the GNX jackets, hats etc.....

History lesson for today

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Owned a few Turbo Regals over the years.

I was going to say Dennis just told us about this and I got his question right at the MAGNA meet. :cool: The only reason I knew this was because when I went to do the embroidery for GM I took a center cap and scanned it and sent it to my digitizer to be made into embroidery for the machine. Then when I started wearing the shirts around someone said "hey you have the wrong logo there" That's when I noticed it! I guess the good part is I have both styles of the logo for embroidery. I bet the other guys don't have them both! :D

Here is the center cap design...

JimSH1.jpg

And here is the headrest, fender badge design...

BeanieSix1.JPG

Their not turbo 6s their power 6s. Thats what the emblem means that emblem was also on non turbo cars and stage II blocks that were n/a circle track motors thats why its Power 6.

When I first noticed it I thought whoever made the caps just thought.. hmmm V6 might as well make the logo look like a 6! :D

kirban 2 cents worth

Actually that is one of my questions I ask at Buick seminars first how many times does that Turbo 6 symbol appear on a stock GN 1986-1987 version. Correct answer is 11. You got 3 fender badges 4 wheel caps, 2 headrests, one dash panel, and last but not least the visor decal.

We personally know Molly (Rolln Sanders) who case you do not realize it designed the original Grand National for Buick way back in like 1983.

He did that logo. At the time Buick tried making the logo on their own, and we think what happened is the design you see on the center caps is the design Buick came up with and the popular design is Mollys design. Molly did the popular one for sure.

Is this true? I am not 100% sure. You would think from a marketing standpoint the logo would be consistant on the car.

Molly now does a lot of work for Toyota Motorsports and in the late 1980s did the famous oval style L that adorns every single Lexus you see today on the road.

I know he wishes he had gotten a dollar for every Lexus that left the factory since 1989....

He also did the Buick motorsport program, the LeSabre Grand National emblem as well. Also all the original clothes line for Buick and was part of the GNX program related to the numbered books and did the GNX jackets, hats etc.....

History lesson for today

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Owned a few Turbo Regals over the years.

so the 86-87 cars don't have that cool "power 6" sticker on the intake manifold like the 84-85 cars do?

KIRBAN 2 cents worth

Correct the 1986-1987 Turbo engines were completely different externally in appearance. The turbo was in the front of the engine actually off to the side, spark plug wires were far easier to change, intercooled was added. The medallion you speak of in the intake is made by the same company and the same material that was used for the outside fender badges on your Turbo car.

I am stripping a 1984 GN this week a complete car. If you need any small goodies email me may be able to help you since those cars are hard to find.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

know enough about these cars to score pretty high on a test.

kirban 2 cents worth

What about the hood insulation?

I've seen the power 6 logo stickers for center caps on ebay. Dunno if they are nice or junk though??

KIRBAN 2 cents worth

Correct the 1986-1987 Turbo engines were completely different externally in appearance. The turbo was in the front of the engine actually off to the side, spark plug wires were far easier to change, intercooled was added. The medallion you speak of in the intake is made by the same company and the same material that was used for the outside fender badges on your Turbo car.

I am stripping a 1984 GN this week a complete car. If you need any small goodies email me may be able to help you since those cars are hard to find.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

know enough about these cars to score pretty high on a test.

i just shot you an email- but i have one more question that i wanted to ask in public.
you said that the "6" emblem on my engine is the same as the one on the fender- i don't suppose you (or anyone else) have any pics of a "6" emblem on a stock 84 T Type? my car has some glue residue on each fender below the "T Type" emblem that looks like they might have been where those badges went, but they went missing when the car sat on a used car lot for 13 years.

kirban 2 cents worth

Don't mean to confuse you. The fender badges you seek for your T-Type are not like the GN badges that were on the 1984-1987 Grand Nationals. I don;t have the badge you seek as the car I am getting is a 1984 GN. The 1984 T-Type I believe had a Turbo symbol probably about the size of your thumb same type of material as the one in your intake. It was not round but shaped like the power 6 symbol.

Keep asking maybe someone with an original 1984 T-Type will post a photo for you. Those cars today in original condition are quite rare. IT can be very confusing keeping emblems straight since GM had at least 5 different models some years with the T-Type model designation.

My knowledge on the 1984-1985 is quite limited as I have focused heavily on the 1986 and 1987 models. Even the dead 1984 T-Types I have dismantled that emblem you are seeking was not on them.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Wish I was more help....

kirban 2 cents

Also correct, although I am not 100% sure if the 1986 coil pack decal was he same as the 1987 think 1986 had the Hawk logo. I used to have some now just have some of the 1987 style. On a side note an original coil pack had a date code as well. The 1987 Turbo-T I just sold still had the original coil pack on it after 23 plus years.

Here is another tidbit BMWs at least the ones in the 1980s almost every part had their logo embossed on the part. That would involve a lot of counting!

Good thinking, but I should have worded my question differrently and said the colored power 6 logo version.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Great thinking I guess we all learn something new

Colored is only 11 got that one correct at Bensalem when you were there recently for the Magna awards presentation

AMAZING!!!!!! All the info out there on the "power 6" logo! Thanks everyone. My wife pointed it out to me as she was tracing it onto transfer paper to stencel it on the garage wall. I will post pics once completed. Jon Hanson

Anyone ever seen a power8 or turbo8 logo? im trying to design one for my car, but figure if ones already out there, why not use it

Back