You can type here any text you want

Turbo Advice Needed

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

I need some advice regarding my turbo. I had am having a manifold gasket replaced and in the process my mechanic noticed my turbo has a bit of shaft play. It probably has some miles left on it but I am thinking about getting it rebuilt since it is off the car. I know about the TA33 upgrade but my car is pretty much stock and I don't want to have to upgrade the injectors to use the TA33. So my question is who would be the best for a stock rebuild or where could I buy a new one? I also need a new adjustable wastegate actuator as well. Thanks in advance for everyones help.:cool:

How much shaft play are we talking? A slight amount is normal. As long as it spins freely and the impellers don't contact the housing, I wouldn't worry about it. Just check it periodically to make sure it's not getting worse.

Just send yours out to get made into a TA33, some have them on self but Blaastperformance.com does good work.

as for new wastegate, you could by a 86/87 i heard they work better.

Back