You can type here any text you want

turbo bob question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

sackracing

Staff member
when i bought the chip in bg last year you told me how to adjust parameters without having ac on the car and i forgot. could i get a quick rundown?

whereabouts can i find that switch, and what do i jump it to? ground? is it the switch in the dash?

another question since i am a not good at tuning, the wot spool up parameter = with a big turbo that is hard to spool do i want to add fuel or take it out? and does the open loop idle only work when the car is in park or neutral? idling in drive it starts using the o2.
thanks, steve

the switch is a round connector on the passenger side, underhood.

Tuning is somewhat car dependent. Try leaning it out and see if it helps.

The open loop idle is independent of gear. It works the same in drive as it does in park.

Bob

kes610 said:
whereabouts can i find that switch, and what do i jump it to? ground? is it the switch in the dash?

It's the wire w/ the round plug coming off the round silver tank on pass. side under hood.
1st- unplug the connector
2nd-take a piece of wire 4 or 5 inches long & make a U shaped loop.
3rd- put both ends of the wire into the connecter.(one end of wire into each opening in the plug)
4th- you're ready to adjust chip parameters

The Darkside :cool:

i think i cut that connector off and tucked the wires when i pulled the air off, i have it set for open loop and when i shift into park the o2 starts changing values on the direct scan but i doesn't when the car is in park, so even though i see it working the car is still in open loop?

mounted a switch to the wires for the round connector under the hood, that worked good. the car didn't like the open loop and really hated the launch assist, could only get 5 lbs. with it. it really liked pulling 4% out on the wot spool up, the 70 is now coming up faster than my 63 did. the blm that the car wants to idle at in the left hand upper corner is going to 160 while all the others are at 137 or so. it is idling pig rich and i set the translator to lean idle but it made no difference.

what rpm is it idling at in drive and park? What is your IAC reading drive and park? TPS?

if your idle is going rich like that you probably have a lazy O2 sensor.

Try open loop idle, let the BLM learn to about 135, then set the open loop idle and see it its better.

You may also have a vaccuum leak.

B

it idles around 950 either way, the iac is around 60, i can't find a vacuum leak but i'm not ruling it out. most of the vacuum lines have been removed.
it idles pretty good when i let it learn to 145 then go to open loop. took it out last night to the street rod nats cruise and it did pretty well.
as far as the o2, it lays around 80-90 mv while idling but starts x-counting when the car moves or i rev it up. then it seems to do better when the car is hot. i guess it is going bad, it is a heated caspers with very little drive time on it.

Back