Turbo Boost sensor

GN owner

After my engine experienced a backfire about a month ago the stock digital boost gauge shows two led segments lit all the time. I think the turbo boost sensor might be bad. Can someone tell me where the turbo boost sensor is located?

Thanks!

on the passenger fender next to the map sensor if equipped. its a circle sensor with 2 wires to it and a vacuum hose to it also.

It's a black rectangular sensor mounted on the right side inner fender with a vacuum hose and electrical connector with 3 wires going to it.

remember guys it's a digital dash car. It shouldn't have a MAP it has a hobbs switch for the light

This board is great with very knowledgeable people. Thank you to all of you that responded!

Before you buy another MAP sensor..

Get a digital voltmeter and probe the center wire on the 3 pin plug.. that will be the signal wire coming from the sensor. The stock sensor is a 2 bar MAP sensor. Ignition "ON" and engine not running the voltage on the green wire =2.3 volts dc.

If the green wire reads 2.3 volts.. then the sensor is not the problem but the boost gauge on the dash.

If it reads way higher like 2.5..2.7...2.9.. etc.. then confirm 5 volts DC on the gray wire of the plug.. and confirm ground on the black wire of the plug. If you have 5 volts on gray.. ground on black.. still reads higher.. then you have a bad MAP sensor.

Hope this helps.

Update

After my engine backfired and the turbo boost gauge started showing 2 leds lit all of the time I thought that somehow the pressure caused by the backfire somehow damaged the boost sensor. What I found today was the vacuum/boost line going to the boost sensor was blown off of the sensor by the backfire. The cause is most likely due to the aged and deteriorating rubber coupling end pieces.
Does anyone know where I can buy these rubber pieces on the ends of the nylon vacuum tubing or do I have to buy the complete tubing assy?

Attachments

• P1070191a.jpg
    P1070191a.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 99