You can type here any text you want

Turbo Buick Gathering @ Rockingham!! July 4th, 2003

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NCTURBOS

Gettin' back in action!!
Staff member
This is going to be our re-schedule of what we were planning to do last month.

Rockingham Dragway has this scheduled as one of their normal Friday night test-n-tune nights!!

I'll bring the grille and the cooler full of ice!! You bring the food and the fire-works!! :D :eek: ;)

Hope to see you there!

K.

I'll be there:D .... hey maybe that Winston-Salem/Greeensboro/Farmington crowd wants to meet us up there.

Sully

dude, awful weekend to choose. Might wanna try another since most people are on vacation... afraid noone would show from this area. ill let them know

Originally posted by sydwyndr
dude, awful weekend to choose. Might wanna try another since most people are on vacation... afraid noone would show from this area. ill let them know

Yeah, we realized it wouldn't be the greatest date for alot of people, But... It works out the best for us because we don't have to work and have no vacation plans. And this way it will keep the "most people" car count to a minimum, which will allow us to make all the passes we need.

We also needed to run at a 1/4 mile track for various reasons. One being that a mid-10 second pass isn't too impressive in the 1/8th mile!!:D ;)

Hopefully some of you guys can make it down, after this we might not see the track 'til fall.:rolleyes:

K.

We understand that a lot of people may have stuff going on. A couple of us need some serious test n tune time. I know I am trying to dial in a new combo and I got a pass at BG before tranny issues halted that week, then like a pass at Reynolds before popping cam sensor. I am no closer to having it dialed in than when I started. I need like 6-7 passes in a row to figure this ME-R out. We are hoping a lot of people will be vacationg leaving the track empty for us :D IF some of you guys can make it too that would be great. If not we will do it again soon.:cool:

Sully

Keith and/or Steve

Do you guys know what time(arrive and leave) that you are looking at.My wife and i are ready for a little get-away---obviously i won't have a car(unless she let's me make a couple of passes in the BMW:eek: :D )--Maybe she wouldn't mind riding up there and doing some grilling:)

Geoff

Gates open at 6 so I will be there right around 6. It goes til midnight so hopefully will be able to get some decent runs in.

Steve

Originally posted by ghall
Keith and/or Steve

Do you guys know what time(arrive and leave) that you are looking at.My wife and i are ready for a little get-away---obviously i won't have a car(unless she let's me make a couple of passes in the BMW:eek: :D )--Maybe she wouldn't mind riding up there and doing some grilling:)

Geoff

Geoff,

About the same time for us also, maybe just a tad bit earlier. You need to come and grille with us!! :D

Give me a call.

K.

Keith, we're thinking about coming down also. How long does it take to get there, once I go through Charlotte?

Takes about 1 1/2 hours once you get past Charlotte. Just stay on 74 until you get to the Burger King on the left in Rockingham. Turn left there and right on US 1 (2nd light) for about 6 miles til you see speedway.

Sully

Originally posted by getchasum
Keith, we're thinking about coming down also. How long does it take to get there, once I go through Charlotte?

Scott,

Let me know if you are coming. We can always meet up somewhere easy along the way and caravan down as a group.

I think we'll have alot of fun the more people that come. The track should be wide open for bunches of passes!:D And... If everyone brings some food/drinks with them we'll have some good 4th of July eats!!:D

K.

Hope to be there!

We're looking for something to haul with. Really not wanting to drive that far. I'll keep you post to what our plans are.

Re: Hope to be there!

Originally posted by getchasum
We're looking for something to haul with. Really not wanting to drive that far. I'll keep you post to what our plans are.

Sounds good!!:D

K.

Looking good!!!!

I just spoke with the people at Rockingham Dragway, and everything is a go for Friday!!:D The gates are opening at 5:30pm. Let's get there early so we can set up the grille and food.

Weather.com isn't looking too good right now though.:( But that'll probably change in the next few days!!:rolleyes:

K.

Not a good time for me. wnted to see what the 156k 87 could do as well as the pos 85 (until the shifter broke-again!) we'll see what happens.

Looks like the weather may cooperate albeit a little hot. Should be a good time and look forward to seeing everyone there.

If anyone wants to join the caravan from Charlotte, We are meeting at the Texaco at Lawyers RD & I-485 @ 4:10

Sully

As Sully said above, anyone wanting to head down there with us can meet us at the Texaco. Also, if you're coming bring some food and we'll throw it on the grille.

The weather looks clear and free from any clouds or rain!!:D

K.

See you guys there with::::

One broke ass regal
two steaks that are marinating right now:D
one bottle of crown for all the non-driving people:cool:

see ya tomorrow.

Geoff

Originally posted by ghall
See you guys there with::::

one bottle of crown for all the non-driving people:cool:

see ya tomorrow.

Geoff

Ummmmm, that would be me!!:eek: :D

K.

Hate we couldn't make it.

Ended up having to work later than I had thought. Did you guys have a pretty good turn out? We ended up going to watch the 10.5 outlaw class at Shadyside, seen some very fast a$$ cars.

Back