You can type here any text you want

turbo buick vs tta!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rice Killa

Got Rice???
pros and cons. i have ttype now and looking to trade into a tta. all info will be appreciated

TTA-handles much better, has an awesome dash, good stock stereo. 4x9's and 4x6's. Awesome seats. TTOPS if you like them.
Cons for TTA- has rattle, rides like a tractor. hard to get in and out of. good luck doing anything underneath without a lift. rattles.
GN-comfy ride, easy to get in and out of, easier to work on, more parts available
Cons-handles like a gbody, crappy seats-unless you have lier siegler ones, crappy stock stereo

To me though, the TTA overcomes all the cons. It's distinctive, no one has one, and I like it. I will never sell it unless 1) someone offers me and ungodly amount 2) It gets totalled beyond repair.

Jason

If you're going to be daily driving the vehicle, then stick with the T-type. If it's gunna be a weekend cruiser then I think the TTA is better. The TTA has a stiffer suspension and uncomfortable seats (they're not bad short term, but over an hour have fun). It's more of a true sports car and in my opinion it's more fun. However the GN is much more comfortable and is pretty much a boat, but makes a great DD.

If you wanna go in a straight line or plan on street racing more(from a dig, rolls are for PUS*IES with to much lag) get a GN its much easier and cheaper to play with (downpipes, intercoolers, suspension, heads...etc.). If you wanna have a fun weekend warrior that can still compete competitively around turns go with the TTA, mods are a lil more expense and not as many choices available. If you don't plan on running tens though and dont mind running up the mileage go with the TTA, Stock TTA's setup correctly with little investment (less than $500) can run 11's all day. With the stock turbo I use to autocross and often beat out older drivers with newer cars(mini's, s2k's with novice drivers, c4's, 4th gen camero's with heavy mods..) and this was at 16yr's old! Given youths with dad's funding didnt mind ripping the sh*t out of the tires. The tta's are nearly unmodifiable in the suspension are, we have the thickest swaybars, and basically everything you can buy for them is a replica of stock parts but adjustable. Brakes are also bigger than most stopping you'll ever need, although baers are available. So ya recap...straight GN, curves with a stronger than average straight... TTA. Cheers!

Your question is kind of like a Ford Vs Chevy question....fairly polarizing to a lot of people. :)

The TTA was done with quite a number of improvements over the GN, performance wise. 245/50/16 tires, More boost, the vacuum brake system, Corvette brakes on the wheels, 45 PSI fuel regulator, more efficient Intercooler, better suspension for racing (drag race or curves), good radiator, better fuel pump, better flowing heads, different internals in the short block, adequate gauges in the dash, good seats....All make the TTA a less expensive car to modify for the equal performance in a TR. You have to do some things to a TR to make up for the TTA's 0.7 second advantage in a quarter mile ;)

Sure, there are fewer modifications available, but also, fewer modifications are needed to put a TTA ahead of most everything out there. Not the "awe" factor at a cruise or on the street compared to a GN. If you keep the TTA long enough, you won't be able to hear the squeaks... ;)

Add Alchy and a chip to a stock TTA and you are into 12's, maybe high 11's....?

It boils down to personal preference, just like I prefer a T-Type to a GN....

Downsides to TTA
-Weak rear end
-More expensive
-Can't easily swap heads (but the stock heads are a little better than Regals)
-Basically forget using a Front mount intercooler

Advantages
-WAY more aerodynamic
-Handles and Brakes WAY better
-More collectable and unusual

My TTA is my DD for right now and a lot of the comments are very correct above. They as as harsh if not harsher than a C4 vette so daily stop light to stop light driving is no fun. Also think about doing normal things like grocery shopping, if you a brief case or back pack you take to work, the GN's have a lot more interior room not to mention a more secure trunk. The GN's are more cush through and through but the TTA are fun to drive if you can put with the rattles every day. Mine is serving the purpose for now but I am planning on picking up something a little more practical like an Accord later on next year. Happy hunting!

hmmmm stop light to stop light isn't fun :eek: :p was in mine :cool:

Dan you got that right...while I don't, I could drive mine every day without a problem. I know what it is and how it is supposed to ride to be able to do what it does so I except it and love it...I hate cushy driving cars.

-Scott

Dan you got that right...while I don't, I could drive mine every day without a problem. I know what it is and how it is supposed to ride to be able to do what it does so I except it and love it...I hate cushy driving cars.

-Scott

my wife was a monster behind the wheel of her TTA... she would get a head of me in my GN and would wait till I went by then shoot out after me to race her .. damm bitch would kill the poor GN :eek: :cool:

I've owned 13 FBodies and all but the TTA and a 76 Camaro LT were daily drivers. Sure, I was younger back then, but if the TTA rides too rough- you're too old! :)

You'd be crazy to have any TR or TTA as a daily driver during the winter in the snow belt. Not because the cars couldn't handle it, but because the poor cars don't deserve that punishment.

I'll always vote for the TTA over any TR. I can't stand the interior on TRs. GNs have nice looking seats, but the rest is too frumpy and outdated looking, imo. The TTA will always have a sporty/aggresive interior by any standard. Exterior, I've always like thirdgen Camaros more than Firebirds, but they never offered an LC2 Camaro. Clean TRs/GNs are awesome looking on the exterior.

my wife was a monster behind the wheel of her TTA... she would get a head of me in my GN and would wait till I went by then shoot out after me to race her .. damm bitch would kill the poor GN :eek: :cool:

My good wife of 40 years and a 59 yo grandmother, downplayed her confession about warm fuzzy feelings after wasting some young guys from a stoplight....TTA's have a way of bringing that out of all of us :cool:

Ditto on the wife comment, mine would take any opportunity to mess with most Mustangs and older Corvettes, and she learned to like passing people with a car that could actually pass things at high highway speeds.

my wife won't even ride in mine :confused: 1st and only time she was in it I got into it a little after leaving a light and when I boosted it up going into 2nd it went sideways and she started to cry :biggrin: I said "stop it you big baby"...last time she ever got in the car ;)

if both of us were in the car and at a light and "someone" intersting " was there she would say "you do this this guy beside us right" :rolleyes: :eek: :p

Back