turbo Buick wrecks

jake616

can anybody post pictures of wrecked TBs? i hate to see it but am interested in the pics. if it is your car or know the story behind how it happened...please tell!

Mine, see sig. Was a honduran guy with no license or insurance, pretty sure he was in the country illegally. All he had was a honduras ID. Three way intersection, I was on main part, he was on dead-end of the T, where there was a stop sign. The main road had no stop sign or light. He jumps out in front of me and I smack his rear. Was a mercury sable or something like that, so I'm sure the cost to fix his rear was tiny compared to fixing my car. And me with no collision insurance. Luckily they covered it under uninsured motorist protection, but only 5k of the 7k the body shop wants.

Before the "free bodywork":

http://www.hi-psi.com/bbpics/TType2.jpg

Well,....some guy decided to come over into my lane head on & didn't have insurence. My med bills ended up about $65,000. I've got a lawyer and private investigator looking for the guy since he skipped town, but if they don't find him, or until they do, I'm stuck with the bills, stuck with the uncompesated loss of my vehicle, and stuck with having missed 7 weeks of work while I was in the hospitol and recovering. I was over at a buddy's shop where I was in the middle of a head/cam swap on my Vette, had to leave to run to Lowes to get a bolt. Woke up in the Emergency Room and didn't know how the hell I got there. Didn't even remember leaving my buddies house. Last clear memory I have is thinking that I needed a bolt. Was in ICU for 2-3 days due to my brain bleeding. Couldn't move or feel my left arm for about 3-4 days due to bruising on my brain. Bunch of stitches and staples in various places, 2 broke ribs, broken left leg, broken bone in right foot, broken jaw in 4 places, and a bunch of scrapes and bruises. Pretty much physically recovered, other than now having a 12" titanium rod in my left leg and a 2" x 4" plate in my jaw for the rest of my life.

After pics:

http://image.inkfrog.com/pix/LFUEL/DSC00670.JPG
http://image.inkfrog.com/pix/LFUEL/DSC00671.JPG
http://image.inkfrog.com/pix/LFUEL/DSC00673.JPG
http://image.inkfrog.com/pix/LFUEL/DSC00677.JPG

I was still in the hospitol when these pics were taken, that's by brother and a buddy of mine in the pics.

Hi-PSI, WOW! Glad you were able to get out of that one alive. It's probably a good thing you can't remember that crash. :eek: :eek:

wow! The dash is up against the seat bottom? WHERE were your legs?? How fast was he going? How did he get away?? Wasn't he bashed pretty good too?

Man, that's a bad wreck, bro. They say when you get in bad accidents the force of your brain bouncing off the front and rear of your skull erases the short term memory and the crashes are never remembered by the victim. This includes people getting mugged or otherwise assaulted.

My car is far less beat up, special body lightening by Dave Schmucker. See my webpage.

Originally posted by FlyinGN
wow! The dash is up against the seat bottom? WHERE were your legs?? How fast was he going? How did he get away?? Wasn't he bashed pretty good too?

There was enough space between the dash and the seat that my right leg was ok. Just got the broke bone in the foot from the gas pedal hitting the bottom of it. My left leg however was sitting up a bit and when the dash hit my knee, it broke my leg between the hip and the knee. At time of accident, he had no proof of insurence. He went to the hospitol also with a broken ankle and was release in about a day or so. Then he never showed up for the court date. I have no clue how fast he was going,....but figuring 45mph on both of us that's a blunt impact of 90mph.

im 16 and i just got my license

like i said above im probely the most careful driver in my family.....my parents arint woried about me geting into a accadent its all the morons who dont know how to drive that still do or they dont have insurance or something along thoose lines

my friends blazer got wrecked when he was driving along 202 at 65mph with his system up really loud when a drunk driver that wasent sapposed to ever drive nailed him doing over 100mph it put him in the hospitle :mad: :mad: :mad: and the guy didnt pay for jack yet cuz he took off......12k in audio equament wrecked cuz of some @$$hole :mad:

some people souldnt be aloud to live on this plaent IMO

Originally posted by equalizer442
omg were driving death traps

The fact that HI-PSI is sitting around typing things into a keyboard is proof OTHERWISE. That is un-f'n-believable.

Jim

Yep.

I would take bets that if I had been in my Turbo TA, or even my Vette with airbags, I would be dead.

I think the ol' girl faired pretty well for having gone head to head @ 45mph with a 1978 Fullsize Dodge Van.

Originally posted by equalizer442
what waste 12 grand of crap, i beleve people are better off with out junk like that.

thats his thing just like ours is going to the track to see what kind of times we can run ;) ......but he also does compete with it

The fact that HI-PSI is sitting around typing things into a keyboard is proof OTHERWISE. That is un-f'n-believable.

around here we would say hes got a horse shoe up his ass:D, lucky sob, ever think about going to vegas?