Turbo builds

You are probably correct but nitrous and having bottles to fill and change seems like too much work.
no im really correct,alot of guys jump into these threads and actually dont run,race,test,but just speculate.i can tell the difference and the speculators arent helping things trust me.those that dont use the bottle dont understand about the bottle.if you run a small shot with a big bottle its not alot of work at all,and the smart guys run several bottles with bigger shots.

I pretty sure he's talking about a big block buick. With 6/8 pounds of boost he would be close to were he wants to be power wise. A centrifugal in my opinion would be the the easiest most economical option and could drive the wheels off the thing. But that's up to him.

I pretty sure he's talking about a big block buick. With 6/8 pounds of boost he would be close to were he wants to be power wise. A centrifugal in my opinion would be the the easiest most economical option and could drive the wheels off the thing. But that's up to him.
its a bbc.a properly sized turbo can be a power managed much easier and inmo on that cubic inch will be the better street combo as it will be less of a tire fryer.a supercharged bbc hits the tire too soon even with timing pulled.and the supercharged units i see a big money.the nos setup will be the cheapest,but he will have to pick and choose his hits,the turbo will allow him to power manage if he wants,but piping,computer etc,will add alot of cost and he will need the abilitliy to wire,weld,tune,etc.the supercharger will allow him to spin the tire and empty his wallet

Whether it be nitrous or forced induction...99% haven't got a clue how to tune. Had a guy I raced with for years with a full weight NA sprayed LS Camaro full weight daily driver. Was nothing for him to throw everything he had at it all day long. Car ran 9.20's and he'd drive it 4 hours one way to the track. Of course, he knew how to tune. Hook up with Mr Spool...he knows his shit.

99% haven't got a clue how to tune.
if only people understood how powerfull of a sentence this is.then most who dont understand buy things that are even way more over there head and then the snowball effect takes place.

if only people understood how powerfull of a sentence this is.then most who dont understand buy things that are even way more over there head and then the snowball effect takes place.
They'll buy all kinds of 'cool guy' parts...but refuse to buy Powerlogger...and then complain about blowing stuff up.

Nitrous is getting more expensive every year plus harder to aquire. The long tern cost adds up and will eventually surpass the cost of a centrifugal supercharger. Did you ever consider that option or even better just build a 700 hp NA engine? I don't know your experience but a true 600hp engine is a handfull on the street especially with a stock suspension and radials.

Running NA, 550 hp, 585 Tq right now, car only looks stock. Complete upgrade on suspension, brakes and tires - handles well. What do you reco for supercharging?..I was figuring about $1500ish for a proper NOx system (including bottle warmer). NOx isn't my first choice to get into the 700 hp range

i do, alot actually,listen you should pm me as there are many theorists out there,and this thread looks like starting to go in that direction:rolleyes:
New to a lot of this via threads - do you have # I could reach you at. Thanks for the info