You can type here any text you want

turbo cavalier

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Robes87GN

Bench Racing Hater
I saw this car cruising all night, nothing special, just a cavalier with a fart cannon. I heard him go by once, and i look over at my friend and i said "thats turbocharged" "no, it was just your whistle bouncing off the wall" after another hour of cruising, i get next to him. We go through a few lights before we hit red. He leans over and says "wanna run em". "sure" i said as i dropped my GN into 2nd. At this point, let me remind you that it takes at least 1-1.5 seconds for my car to shift into 3rd, and i can only half ass it through all my other gears or ill miss. Tranny is getting REALLY bad, goin in the garage Thanksgiving weekend. So the light goes green, I kind of half ass it out, and pull a fender on him, then his turbo hits hard and hes gone. I push to about 3/4 throttle and 15lbs of boost or so (still climbing) and it hits second, and i got over confident and missed third baaaaaaaad. Needless to say, he killed me. He said he ran a 13.6 in the 1/4, which is damn impressive. We hit up the next red light, I gave him his props, and he asked what i run. Told him 12.8 on the street when my tranny doesnt act up, and then he seemed surprised because he just put a hurtin on me. He said he noticed i slipped badly and could hear it the whole way through. I never got above 3000rpms the whole race though, cuz I dont want the motor goin out too. Guy shifted like a pro too. The guy who is going to work on my car did his stuff too, so its all good. Sorry for the loss, but wouldnt have messed if i would have known it was that fast.

It's good that you lost. We should only win when there's money riding on it. Otherwise, nobody will ever want to race for money.

my question is why are you shifting your tranny like a manual? just leave it in D and just go! unless your tranny is shifting at 4000 rpms at WOT, just leave it in D

it does shift at 4000-4200 at WOT, but i was trying to limit the slipping that its been doing lately, but like i said, i got over confident and pushed it too hard and put too much boost in 3rd gear.

If it were me in your situation I would not be out looking for race till you get the tranny fixed. :rolleyes:

Fix your trans and go find him for a rematch. Well, at least the guy was cool about it. Nice that he worked on it himself.

I would fix the tranny if i had the money to get it done :( - sucks being in college with a car you want to spend your life savings on.

Sucks worse when you have a mortgage, property taxes, car payments. Just think, you'll get all this and school loan payments when your out to boot! Good luck.:D

My buddy had a Sunbird with a turbo on it. That thing would definatly whoop on some GN's. It was runnin 22psi and had like 300 hp. It also had some thick ass driveshafts. Later that summer the throttle stuck and he crashed it into a field at like 120 mph. He is fine though, and now has a 5.7 litre Camaro. His dad has a twin turbo regal, and like 5 other GN's. They are also my mechanics on stuff too complex for me.

Nick

Originally posted by Robes87GN
I saw this car cruising all night, nothing special, just a cavalier with a fart cannon. I heard him go by once, and i look over at my friend and i said "thats turbocharged" "no, it was just your whistle bouncing off the wall" after another hour of cruising, i get next to him. We go through a few lights before we hit red. He leans over and says "wanna run em". "sure" i said as i dropped my GN into 2nd. At this point, let me remind you that it takes at least 1-1.5 seconds for my car to shift into 3rd, and i can only half ass it through all my other gears or ill miss. Tranny is getting REALLY bad, goin in the garage Thanksgiving weekend. So the light goes green, I kind of half ass it out, and pull a fender on him, then his turbo hits hard and hes gone. I push to about 3/4 throttle and 15lbs of boost or so (still climbing) and it hits second, and i got over confident and missed third baaaaaaaad. Needless to say, he killed me. He said he ran a 13.6 in the 1/4, which is damn impressive. We hit up the next red light, I gave him his props, and he asked what i run. Told him 12.8 on the street when my tranny doesnt act up, and then he seemed surprised because he just put a hurtin on me. He said he noticed i slipped badly and could hear it the whole way through. I never got above 3000rpms the whole race though, cuz I dont want the motor goin out too. Guy shifted like a pro too. The guy who is going to work on my car did his stuff too, so its all good. Sorry for the loss, but wouldnt have messed if i would have known it was that fast.

yeah, my gn's tranny is messing up, so i just keep it parked all together.
Charles

Originally posted by I eat Z06
Trannys are like women pink and smooth is good, black and sludgy is bad.

Nick

Im only 18 now... dont scare me away just yet:)
As for the tranny, I would have it in the garage, but I have been waiting for a title on a sunfire (BOP Baby) for almost 2 months, but it "will be here this weekend". The only reason I have my car down here this weekend is because I am getting my Blitz SS BOV put on, by the same guy who worked on the cavalier. This guy is a damn prodigy, believe you me. I might have him port my heads this winter while my block is ripped apart. He also drives a pretty damn quick turbo Daytona. Imports are growing big time here in Mattoon/Charleston area.

It was just a joke. Are you puttin the BOV on the GN? If you are let me know how it goes. I was thinkin about puttin one on it too.

Nick

I will let you know, and ill make a vid of it, should be pretty cool, it will have sound and everything! Ahh, the joys of technology.

Trannys are like women pink and smooth is good, black and sludgy is bad.

Nick

What the hell is this suppose to mean? is it suppose to be a joke??? IF so you could have kept it to yourself...
Charles

It was just a joke. Are you puttin the BOV on the GN? If you are let me know how it goes. I was thinkin about puttin one on it too.

Nick

didnt see this, but still, no one wants to hear those kind of jokes.
Charles

BOV's sound really good. The stock one on my WRX makes a nice swoosch. Wish the Buick did that instead of the rumble it makes. Even though I like scarin the sh*t out of people when I let off the throttle after WOT. :D Anyhoo, good luck.

Nick

Can we start a new rule?

Don't run unless your car is running good! That's like saying, "well, this dude challenged me to a fight, even though my arms in a cast I still fought him". Don't do it! - FAB6

Re: Can we start a new rule?

Originally posted by FromaBuick6
Don't run unless your car is running good! That's like saying, "well, this dude challenged me to a fight, even though my arms in a cast I still fought him". Don't do it! - FAB6

That was good man.

Re: Can we start a new rule?

Originally posted by FromaBuick6

Love the analogy... but like I said... the only reason I raced him was because I was thinking mid 14 second car... not mid 13... If I wouldnt have gotten overconfident with my gear shifting, I would have kept up with him.

Back