You can type here any text you want

Turbo Honda Kill

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

terik.m

I thought GNs are black
Growing up in So Cal I have seen some imports that we shouldnt sleep on if you know what I mean. I have owned a few myself when I was younger like a CRX with Turboed B18, a few Gen 2 RX7 Turbo IIs and an aircooled turbo VW bug. Anyway some kids in an Acura RSX pull up next to me thinking my white T Type is just a ''regular Regal with a gangster black guy in it." I guess they didnt notice the badging on it or didnt know about the ''blackout option'', clues that he was about to get his ass handed to him.

A few days ago I am at a stop light and a blue RSX pulls up next to me with the usual suspects in it. The passenger says to me "wanna run?" I say to him "are you sure?" and they all start laughing. Trying to be as corney as possible I put on my dark shades and roll the windows up :cool: . The light turns green and he takes off at WOT and I can hear his turbo spool up and blow off. I am thinking nice rice!!! We get to the next light I roll my window down and say "nice K20 this time hit the gas okay!!!" I guess the guy was suprised that I knew his engine code and smiled. The light turns green and we go.... I go WOT and completley blew his doors off. The look on these kids faces in my rear view mirror when they heard my turbo spoolin up was priceless.

We get to the next light and the passenger says to me "dude did you turbo that thing or did it come like that?"

I told him to Wikipedia GNs when he gets home.
Im thinking to myself "what are auto shop teachers telling these kids nowadays?''

Yeah these new generation of kids dont know what these cars are, until they get their asses handed to them. They learn the hard way:cool: !Only being 23 years old myself I have a responsibility to show the next Gen the DARKSIDE!

It is amazing that these younger guys have no clue.

I did have one younger guy around 19-22 say to me, "Dude that is the Baddest Dude."
I said, "What do you know about these cars, you dont know what this is" and he said,
"That is a Grand National and they are the fastest and Badest."
Either he really knew or he seen it on the video game.
Another kid knew what it was and begged me to get on it so he could hear the turbo spool up, so I did and laid some rubber and smoke ;) and it looked like I really made his day.
Kinda like Me when I see a Lamborghini or like some day when I see a Bugatti.

Technology has come a long way since the 60s so I dont really sleep on anything on the road or track nowadays. I think the respect level for potential in all cars has went down as time has passed. I think its true amongst the baby boomers too (sorry old dudes) but for awhile they didnt respect imports for the longest time. I think it took a few Turbo Supras, Turbo RX7s and ridiculous Hondas to drive the point home that there is a replacement for displacement......boost LOL. I grew up in San Fernando Valley Ca...its like the import capitol of the planet and I had a friend name Darryl Nguyen who ran 10.90s secs 1/4s in his street driven pea green 96 Civic way back in 1998. Kenny Fuchs wasnt far behind him and ran 11s in his DA Integra in 1999....these guys are import legends.
I knew them well....they both respected domestics especially the Turbo Buick platforms....( Ive seen them get their asses handed to em few times by GNs at LACR in Palmdale Ca back in the 90s).
No matter what.....the Turbo Buicks are a special breed, legends and just freakin cool.

Hey man, I'm 17 but I KNOW about these suckers.

Makes it even better when I've got peers who look at my ol' Buick and say, "Bah that bucket won't beat my Civic."

I just can't wait until I lay into it when it hits the road. They're faces are going to be priceless.

Hopefully sometime this summer I can put up some stories, or even perhaps video of us racing. ;)

-Saladin

Technology has come a long way since the 60s so I dont really sleep on anything on the road or track nowadays. I think the respect level for potential in all cars has went down as time has passed. I think its true amongst the baby boomers too (sorry old dudes) but for awhile they didnt respect imports for the longest time. I think it took a few Turbo Supras, Turbo RX7s and ridiculous Hondas to drive the point home that there is a replacement for displacement......boost LOL. I grew up in San Fernando Valley Ca...its like the import capitol of the planet and I had a friend name Darryl Nguyen who ran 10.90s secs 1/4s in his street driven pea green 96 Civic way back in 1998. Kenny Fuchs wasnt far behind him and ran 11s in his DA Integra in 1999....these guys are import legends.
I knew them well....they both respected domestics especially the Turbo Buick platforms....( Ive seen them get their asses handed to em few times by GNs at LACR in Palmdale Ca back in the 90s).
No matter what.....the Turbo Buicks are a special breed, legends and just freakin cool.

About the "sorry old dudes" It's us old dudes that invented the GN. By the way I am from Flint and know many of the old dudes who developed these cars. Otherwise a pretty good post.

No worries Sailbrd... no disrespect...I was referring to Import cars not GNs. Its funny you brought up the invention of the GN because at my local In and Out all the original hotrod and muscle car guys show their cars every tuesday night. I mean there are t buckets, nomads, old fords, impalas and woodies...I have the only Turbo Buick.
When I pulled up and got out the T Type stole the show...its not in show condition but I won hella cool points with the OGs. Of course I got the "what do you know about this car? test from them. I passed :cool:
Once again Sailbrd no disrespect I was mostly refering to my Corvette loving dad and his Euro car loving co workers.

Terik,
None taken. Real car guys respect honesty and no BS. I get along great with the import guys that go to the yard, pull a motor that wasn't meant for what they put it in and make it go fast.

On the other hand it was great last week when I handed a BMW 760 v-12 (all hat no cattle) his a$$ with the GSX.

Back