You can type here any text you want

Turbo-Link help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turboadict

Bought Turbolink V4 for windows some time back, couldn't get it to connect to the car. I've finally got time to try and get this sorted out.

Problem is I can't get it to talk to the car. I open T-link and click connect - It tells me Turbolink has not been properly tested, do I wish to do so now? - click yes. Comes up with com 6, cable detected but no connection with ecm.

Then says cable did not pass all of the tests, unable to establish connection.

I am using a USB serial adapter - the one recomended for t-link (EasySync RS232) and the light on this flashes when t-link tests it.
However, I don't have a light on the t-link connector which connects to the ALDL port on the car. Where is this powered from, the aldl or the pc?

Any help with this would be hugely appreciated, I really need to get this up and running.

I have tried this with another GN with the same results. What am I doing wrong here?

I know this has probably been beaten to death here, but I'm struggling with this.

Ended up buying a different make serial adaptor and it cured the problem. Exact same thing, same spec etc, just a different brand. Don't know why but it cured it - go figure.

Hope this helps.

Back