You can type here any text you want

Turbo manifold

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dmarx

This manifold looks smaller than on my '79. Any comments. This is on ebay.
Dan
dlmarx@bellsouth.net

Attachments

• turbo manifold.jpg
    turbo manifold.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 251
Was gonna send you a link to them Dan but it looks like you found them yourself. Waiting for Rich to weigh in here.

all the manifolds are generally the same size from 79-83.

the tubulars offer up a bit more room, but its kinda useless since they push more heat out.

A.j.

all the manifolds are generally the same size from 79-83.

the tubulars offer up a bit more room, but its kinda useless since they push more heat out.

A.j.

Thread hijack!

Whats better for the C/T cars then, a set of cast manifolds or tubular? I know the cast ones flow OK, but it seems like the tubular ones would flow better, but again, if they give off more heat dont they hurt spool up?

It's a tough balancing act. The cast ones will holdup better and keep more heat in which helps spool but if you've got the volume then the tubular ones will work the best.

exhuast manifold

Don't worry about hijacking the thread, I am learning more each time. However, since this car is going to be for street and show, I could really use a set of tubular exhaust manifolds, ie headers! Does anyone have a set of used?
Dan

Don't worry about hijacking the thread, I am learning more each time. However, since this car is going to be for street and show, I could really use a set of tubular exhaust manifolds, ie headers! Does anyone have a set of used?
Dan

Are you looking for stock or something else Dan? I've got a couple of sets right now but they need some repair. I still have to do the header thread but it will be a while since I got hurt lately.:frown:

Are you looking for stock or something else Dan? I've got a couple of sets right now but they need some repair. I still have to do the header thread but it will be a while since I got hurt lately.:frown:

what do you have up your sleeve?

what do you have up your sleeve?

You'll just have to wait just like everyone else Matt.:biggrin: Aj was in on some of the tech as well as a few other members on here. Nailed the design down but need to make them now.:cool:

All rught, you got me interested. I need some headers, either custom or stock. I can get them made locally, but cost is $600. Yes I will take those that need some "rehab".

Dan

the problem is still space.

Charlie, your header isnt nearly as compact as the factory one.

I think at this point custom is going to be your best bet.

A.j.

All rught, you got me interested. I need some headers, either custom or stock. I can get them made locally, but cost is $600. Yes I will take those that need some "rehab".

Dan

Send me a PM with your email Dan and I'll send you some pics. I've even got the stock crossover if you need it.:smile:

the problem is still space.

Charlie, your header isnt nearly as compact as the factory one.

I think at this point custom is going to be your best bet.

A.j.

I've done some revisions to the original design Aj.:biggrin: Much less clutter and most of it is above the block. I think it should work much better since I chatted to Donnie.:biggrin:

Send me a PM with your email Dan and I'll send you some pics. I've even got the stock crossover if you need it.:smile:

I've done some revisions to the original design Aj.:biggrin: Much less clutter and most of it is above the block. I think it should work much better since I chatted to Donnie.:biggrin:

nice charlie nice! im glad to see were getting somewhere!

A.j.

question is... how long before we can have some!

A.j.

Et tu Brute?:eek: LOL

I hope to have them soon but money has gotten really tight of late.:( Breaking the rib has set me back and I also have a hernia now so I'll have to get it fixed. This last month has been a total drag.:mad:

headers

There are a pair of '83 T-type headers on evilbay, $50.00, any problem with these fitting my '79 turbo?
Dan
dlmarx at bellsouth.net

Back