Turbo Monte

What are you asking for HERE if you got it all figured out ? :confused:

i don't have it figured out , i was just going to run the entire dash harness from a grand national in my car but i figured i asked maybe there was an easier way about it :)

i need your help guys, i want to get an aftermarket aluminum resorvoir tank and move it a little bit further. is there going to be any pressure issues if the tank is further from the power steering pump

sofreshandsocleanmonte492.jpg

do i have to run the canister or can i just get a vented gas cap to get the fumes out

sofreshandsocleanmonte550.jpg

and if so how do i open it to replace the filter :confused:

sofreshandsocleanmonte551.jpg

the filter just pops out... i think its just a piece of circular foam to hold the charcoal in and let the vapors out.

The PS reservoir should be fine if moved - i cant imagine any measurable pressure loss from a few inches of extension.

As long as you dont have a vacuum leak from the canister or hosing i would not expect any problems venting. Not sure if it will throw a code from the missing solenoid. The canister and assembly can be moved under the drivers side wheel well [where it is out of the way, if you just wanted to clean your engine bay up, thats where mine is located. ATR used to market a kit. Someone else might now. Try Brian Weaver.

HTH

i talk to john today from CASPERS ELECTRONIC a custom harness is for sure the way i'm going , thanks for the advice :cool:

I was checking your car out on the other tb site. It really looks nice. You are doing a great job.

Alky? It allows you to run big boost without running race fuel. It cools the intake charge and raises the octane level.

Good luck with the start up. ;)

WOW that thing is looking great.

thanks rite now i'm at a stand still waiting on the exhaust to get done and the mechanic to start wiring up the dash , this whole thing is a new animal for me specially since i always drove chevy v8's and some times i get discouraged about the whole thing :(

Dont worry about wiring up the dash, there is not really that much involved. I have a 85 Monte with a GN motor and I kept the Monte Dash harness. Especially with the help of people on these boards.

If your car really came with the hotair motor, then you should probably already have all the wires you need.

If not though, there are only like 3 places you need to feed 12V ignition to get it up and running.

It does look great BTW, you SHOULD coat your headers and the exhaust housing of the turbo IMO because everything else looks show quality.

Man that is a nice looking Chevy, you are doing one heck of a job! Keep up the good work! Very nicely detailed!:eek: